Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record

Go down 
+9
Lurideath
Dave the Boss
MetalH
GrandNational
thejokeriv
exact33
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
Troublezone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Empty
PostSubject: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:36 pm

I just got my pre-order copy of his solo record. Musically it sounds like Saint Vitus but with animal noises instead of lyrics and human vocals.

It's interesting but i consider it a novelty record that i won't be playing very often.

Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record News

Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record T135379 TOURNIQUET drummer Ted Kirkpatrick has released his first solo album called Ode To A Roadkill, featuring "seven brand new songs of hypnotic plodding stoner metal."

The tracklisting is as follows:
'Monkeys'
'Owls'
'Loons'
'Lions'
'Whales'
'Wolves'
Ode To A Roadkill'

Says Kirkpatrick: "The title track refers to the sad reality of the millions of animals who die each year on our roadways. I have been a fan of slow 'stoner' music for many years, and this album definitely fits that category, with my own influence to it, of course. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and look forward to having you all hear it as it is super, super heavy. All 'vocals' are done utilizing majestic, creepy, haunting, unaltered animal calls. Cool album art designed by Jared Meyer - aka Lucid Hysteria. The album will be available as a six panel Digipak CD and an online download."

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Suspect
I'll be skipping this one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:46 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Suspect
I'll be skipping this one.

It's not for everyone... but i like it. Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:51 pm

IIRC the track I heard was largely unlistenable.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

It's not for everyone...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It's not for everyone...

including me. It is a novel idea but not for me...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I'll skip it (and go smoke a rack of baby back ribs while I am at it!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Says Kirkpatrick: "The title track refers to the sad reality of the millions of animals who die each year on our roadways."

How about the sad reality that millions of children die each year from hunger because they have no access to anything remotely close to a roadkill?

I've waited 7 years for a new Tourniquet album, and all I get is a bunch of animal noises set to slow heavy music?
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:55 pm

I downloaded it. Listened to the whole thing once. It sounded pretty much the same throughout the whole album. I probably wont listen to it for a great while....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:59 pm

GrandNational wrote:

How about the sad reality that millions of children die each year from hunger because they have no access to anything remotely close to a roadkill?

I've waited 7 years for a new Tourniquet album, and all I get is a bunch of animal noises set to slow heavy music?

I think we can put GN in the 'No' category....

MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Supposedly there will be a new Tourniquet album this year....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:03 pm

The more i listen to it the more i like it... It sounds like background music for a movie, or for the animal exhibits at the zoo. Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_lol

It's spacy, atmospheric and unusual. Most TQT fans won't like it because it sounds nothing like TQT music. I'm probably going to belong to the 1% of fans that actually enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
Musically it sounds like Saint Vitus but with animal noises instead of lyrics and human vocals.

Okay... so why listen to it when you can listen to Vitus? Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record 798255
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:22 pm

This album is retarded. Such a good drummer and he does this crap? LAME!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm intrigued...

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Roadkill? Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record 47715
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Ol' Ted was trying to be creative but it backfired with most fans... Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This album is retarded. Such a good drummer and he does this crap? LAME!
i gotta go with this too... and i'm a huge Ted Kirkpatrick fan.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Quote :
and i'm a huge Ted Kirkpatrick fan.

I'm kinda surprised...

I thought you didn't like TQT?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I'm kinda surprised...

not sure why you thought that, as i've never stated it. truth is, i haven't liked a full Tourniquet album since P.O.D, but Ted has always given an amazing performance, even on Microscopic & W.M.R.D. one of my top 20 drummers.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 am

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I'm kinda surprised...

not sure why you thought that, as i've never stated it. truth is, i haven't liked a full Tourniquet album since P.O.D, but Ted has always given an amazing performance, even on Microscopic & W.M.R.D. one of my top 20 drummers.

Maybe i got you mixed with someone else.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 am

Sounds like an interesting project, in theory. Don't know if that would hold up after a few spins though.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 pm

I would rather have a new TQT cd...

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sounds like an interesting project, in theory. Don't know if that would hold up after a few spins though.

If you can listen to this disc multiple times all the way through then that's quite an accomplishment I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record   Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick (ode to roadkill) solo record
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: