Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound

Go down 
+5
kmorg
Dave the Boss
Stender
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Empty
PostSubject: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound, Albuquerque, NM. First band at 7:30. We go on at 8:30.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound, Albuquerque, NM. First band at 7:30. We go on at 8:30.

WTF! I might try to make this bro!!!

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 778825
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey Ult, where's the Compound? I've never been there.

Is it off Central?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Good luck man.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 am

A fast and furious short set. A good crowd on hand. Lots of energy in the place. Metallic Blaze was there having a blast in the front row.

Set list:
Can't Get Out
Never
Locked in Chains
Blood on 1,000 Hills
Heart of Metal
Blink

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:51 am

So MB, was the new song any good? Razz
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
So MB, was the new song any good? Razz

HELLS YAH!!!

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 778825 Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 778825 Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 778825 Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 778825

Ultimatum TORE IT UP last night!!!

Out of all the times I've seen them live - last night was easily the best! There was a pretty decent sized crowd too.

The other bands were actually pretty cool as well.

The headlining band, LSD has a gothic metal sound. Very unique. They mix elements of goth (ala old school Marliyn Manson) with elements of thrash. The lead singer is a HUGE Ultimatum fan. Having grown up here. I talked to him after the show. He has every Ultimatum album ever released. So it was an honor for him to meet Scott and hang with him for a bit. Very cool guy.

I think it's awesome how I got to witness first-hand the inflluence Ultimatum has had on their local scene. Even though LSD is more of the 'gothic' variety (which I happen to really like), they were still influenced greatly by Ultimatum.

Anyway - I had a blast last night! Got to hang out with Scott, Rob and Robert. Even got a picture with them! Maybe Scott can post it?

I also got to meet one of my childhood heroes who happened to be at the show! Mike Grato of Recon and Deliverance was there!!! I had no idea that he had moved to Albuquerque last summer! He actually told me he wanted to hang out sometime!!!

WOOOO!!!!!!

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 604261 Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 604261 Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 604261 Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 604261
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Wow, so Mike is the new Ultimatum member? Very Happy

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
Wow, so Mike is the new Ultimatum member? Very Happy

Hahaha. He is such a cool guy though man! Very down to earth and humble.

I started bowing down to him - and he told me 'get up, I am just a servant like you'.

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_razz

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I also got to meet one of my childhood heroes who happened to be at the show! Mike Grato of Recon and Deliverance was there!!! I had no idea that he had moved to Albuquerque last summer! He actually told me he wanted to hang out sometime!!!

When you do, please ask when Recon will finally do that long overdue second LP. Razz
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

When you do, please ask when Recon will finally do that long overdue second LP. Razz

I actually talked with him about that last night.

He said they already have songs for it, but it's hard to get all the members together because they are all so busy with their other projects. He is hoping to record it sometime though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Mike Grato is one of the nicest guys in the world. He's been a big supported of Ultimatum for years. When he use to live is Arizona and California, he would show up at our shows there too.

I know from talking to him that guitarist George Ochoa is the big holdup in that second album being recorded. It's been like that for years. He has a studio in his home, they have all the songs written, yet still nothing has been recorded.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 11840 Mike is a very nice guy. I talked with George at Cali-Stone behind the Sanctuary tent and Recon just got a smirk when name dropped. At Xtreme Mardi Gras in 02', Mike was one of the few who recognized me with a shaved head. Now that Ult mentioned it, I have seen and talked with MIke at evey Ultimatum show I've seen here in Calif. Wonder if he wore his denim vest with a RECON back patch Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 685534

Nice to see ya had some heads athe show Ult Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 11840

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 am

James B. wrote:
Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 11840 Mike is a very nice guy. I talked with George at Cali-Stone behind the Sanctuary tent and Recon just got a smirk when name dropped. At Xtreme Mardi Gras in 02', Mike was one of the few who recognized me with a shaved head. Now that Ult mentioned it, I have seen and talked with MIke at evey Ultimatum show I've seen here in Calif. Wonder if he wore his denim vest with a RECON back patch Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 685534

Nice to see ya had some heads athe show Ult Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 11840

Yup. Mike wore his denim vest with the Recon patch on the back this past weekend.

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Videos!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Some photos up on our MySpace. Some more posted soon.

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound L_63d34f526eeb4f10824ca7e56a909629

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:32 pm

look,ma,the thrash metal twins in their matching shirts! lol! j/k ...great pic,scott! heard you guys had a blast.i took 4 shots and put them on my page as well.thanks,laurie! Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_biggrin Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 795291
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Mike Grato told me he wanted the link to this forum! I think he is gonna join as a new member!

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound 604261
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Some photos up on our MySpace. Some more posted soon.

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound L_63d34f526eeb4f10824ca7e56a909629

Cool!

Hey did you guys get any pics of right during your performance? Something to capture the energy?
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:01 pm

I was there! Great show. Ultimatum were on fire and stole the show for sure. I felt bad for LSD having to follow them. How are Ultimatum not more well known? how are they not on a bigger label? I've seen nationally signed acts that aren't as good.

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:05 pm

biddle wrote:
I was there! Great show. Ultimatum were on fire and stole the show for sure. I felt bad for LSD having to follow them. How are Ultimatum not more well known? how are they not on a bigger label? I've seen nationally signed acts that aren't as good.

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

Who are you biddle? I was there too ... hmm now I'm curious.

LSD is a great band in their own right. They have tons of potential. You are aware that that show was only their 5th performance right? That band is going places and will probably be signed to a major within the next few years. They have a sound that is really popular right now.

Anyway .... I just hope that they stick it out - or they won't get anywhere. lol.

But I will admit that Ultimatum were the best band there that night!!! NO QUESTION!!!

and I also think Ultimatum's time is yet to come.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey Biddle. This is the second time I've asked who you are in this forum and you've not said anything either time.

LOL.

Weird man.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:40 pm

I didn't see him there, but there were a lot of people there, so it doesn't surprise me. I'll introduce you guys at the next show you are both at.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I didn't see him there, but there were a lot of people there, so it doesn't surprise me. I'll introduce you guys at the next show you are both at.

He's not Justin is he?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:06 pm

No. His name is Micheal.

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound   Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum Tonight at The Compound
Page 1 of 1