Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio - Master Of The Moon

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
mr.electric39
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
candlemass
mc666
Thrasher73
kmorg
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dio - Master Of The Moon Empty
PostSubject: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:36 pm

🤘

Never listened to this whole album before this weekend...spinning it now.

It's just solid Dio...plain & simple. More like early Dio and less like the 'Strange Highways' / Sabbath like Dio...cool mid-tempo, rocking songs.

The man's voice is golden...he could sing the phone book & I'd love it!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:42 pm

I like it a lot. Solid album. Very doomy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Still need to get this.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

The man's voice is golden...he could sing the phone book & I'd love it!

Same here
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:21 pm

it was better than Magica & Killing The Dragon (which were both still good) i thought.

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:24 pm

Outstanding album. I think Magica, Killing The Dragon, and Master of the Moon are very underrated. They're great, great albums.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Outstanding album. I think Magica, Killing The Dragon, and Master of the Moon are very underrated. They're great, great albums.

DITTO! 🤘
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:31 pm

Have to concur w/this whole thread.....so far! Dio - Master Of The Moon 604261
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:14 pm

i only have holy diver Sad

it is awesome though:D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:17 pm

DIO!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:28 pm

dio is the man!🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtMzYhl3qZE

check this out

a high quality bootleg video performance of hevane nad hell by heaven and hell

its really good

listen to the crowd man!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:23 pm

I thought "One For The Road" (the opening track to this album) was Dio's best song in eons. Honestly, however, the rest of the CD I can take or leave. I preferred MAGICA and KILLING THE DRAGON
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I thought "One For The Road" (the opening track to this album) was Dio's best song in eons. Honestly, however, the rest of the CD I can take or leave. I preferred MAGICA and KILLING THE DRAGON

I like that song, probably my least favorite on the lp though, I prefer mid tempo to all out doom myself. At any rate, the lion's share of his work has been solid to stellar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:49 pm

"Killing The Dragon," I think, is the best song he's done in 20 years.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:43 pm

I agree Eyesore....and I've resisted Master Of The Moon for years because of reports of its slow, plodding pace.....
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:10 pm

OK, so I have about 5 or so Dio albums, and I know the Dio is legend and all, but do you ever get the feeling after listening to his songs that it sounded just like the last song, which sounded like the last song before that , which sounded exactly like the songs from the previous albums? I mean, I could hear a brand knew Dio song that I've never heard and can tell you exactly how he's going to sing the rest of the way through. He's just too predictable, and yes many people think that's how it should be, like AC/DC and Motorhead, but I can always tell the differences in their music but not always with Dio's. Just my two cents
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Your two cents ain't worth half a penny! lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39504

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Agreed,my man !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I agree Eyesore....and I've resisted Master Of The Moon for years because of reports of its slow, plodding pace.....
It is a slower-paced album, but there's some killer tunes on it, and not a bad one to be found. You could imagine this being a new Dio-fronted Sabbath album fairly easily, I think.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:05 am

candlemass wrote:

Like I said, Dio is a legend, but he didn't exactly invent the wheel. He has a lot to thank Blackmore and Iommi for his future success, otherwise I don't think he could have made it out on his own without Rainbow or Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:21 am

GrandNational

Dio is definitely one of those who tried to stick to his core sound/themes. He knows what he does well and does it...kinda lilke AC/DC in a way. That said, if you listen to all of his albums, you can hear them shift in style a bit here and there...'Strange Highways' is nothing like 'Holy Diver'....'Master Of The Moon' is nothing like 'Lock Up The Wolves'...etc.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:45 am

GrandNational wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Like I said, Dio is a legend, but he didn't exactly invent the wheel. He has a lot to thank Blackmore and Iommi for his future success, otherwise I don't think he could have made it out on his own without Rainbow or Black Sabbath.

Sure he does, as they do to him! I just don't hear Dio being nearly as predictable as AC/DC, he doesn't go off the beaten path, but his material still sounds fresh to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:35 am

I need to amend my last comment:

I should not have said the albums I was comparing were "nothing like" each other...they have common elements...but they weave in and out on different sides of Dio's style...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:18 pm

GrandNational wrote:
OK, so I have about 5 or so Dio albums, and I know the Dio is legend and all, but do you ever get the feeling after listening to his songs that it sounded just like the last song, which sounded like the last song before that , which sounded exactly like the songs from the previous albums? I mean, I could hear a brand knew Dio song that I've never heard and can tell you exactly how he's going to sing the rest of the way through. He's just too predictable, and yes many people think that's how it should be, like AC/DC and Motorhead, but I can always tell the differences in their music but not always with Dio's. Just my two cents

Just listen to MOD 'the Ballad of DIO'....... an oldie but a goodie !!!

based on what everyone else has said on this thread I will have to give this new disc a spin.... I loved 'Diver', Sabbath Era just, don't have enough $$$$$$ to have it all ..... but when I hear everyone else rave my curiosity is piqued.... When I saw him open for Maiden I was beyond disappointed... an off night ?.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 9:50 am

Quote :
When I saw him open for Maiden I was beyond disappointed... an off night ?.....

Was this the tour from about 3 or 4 years ago? If so, I saw that tour as well and I've gotta say that it changed my opinion of the man. It was the 1st time I'd seen him live and I was blown away. The man is a 70-year old dwarf, but sings with the voice of a giant. Up to that point, I only owned a Dio "Greatest Hits" disc, but after seeing him live, I started tracking down his back catalog. So yea, maybe he had an off night. I'm sure that anyone who's seen him recently on the Heaven & Hell tour would agree that the man's still got it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio - Master Of The Moon   Dio - Master Of The Moon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio - Master Of The Moon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: