Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)

Go down 
+10
akeldama
Gilbert
Leatherface
SideShowDisaSter
Dave the Boss
Wargod
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
dirtracin1
allthingsmetal
14 posters
AuthorMessage
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Empty
PostSubject: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:15 pm

I had to do some driving this week and threw in a lot cds I have not really hear for quite awhile. And while I knew I really liked these albums I forgot how much I trully enjoyed the vocals and wish I could more of them. They are:
--Joel Dufay....Powermad
--Ted Pilot...Fifth Angel
--Coburn Pharr...Annihilator (NNL)
Question:
Are there any singers that have put out (or sang on) only one or two cds, that no longer sing in a band that you wish did???
Just curious.....
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:32 pm

One I would like to hear from again is Mike Howe formerly of Metal Church and Heretic. Always loved his vocals.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:40 pm

The first Scanner album Hyper Trace. I liked that singer for some reason. Maybe because he reminded me a little bit of Kai Hansen. I can't think of his name right now but I believe he only did that one album and he was never heard from again.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Jorgen Sandstrom (ex Grave)
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:21 pm

--Joel Dufay....Powermad
Powermad is currently recording a new cd!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
--Joel Dufay....Powermad
Powermad is currently recording a new cd!

Wargod51
That is awesome news!
I saw some videos on Youtube with him performing Powermad songs. I assumed it was a one-off or something.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:21 am

John Arch should do something again... Maybe team up with Howie Bentley for a new Cauldron Born album? That would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:48 am

One that always comes to mind:

Glenn Hansen

Dude did an awesome (IMO) job on Whiplash's Insult To Injury album, and was never heard from again (as far as I know).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 am

Don Doty of Dark Angel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:43 pm

dirtracin1 wrote:
One I would like to hear from again is Mike Howe formerly of Metal Church and Heretic. Always loved his vocals.

Great singer indeed...
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Rod Evans (Deep Purple, Captain Beyond)

A founder of DP who appeared on their first 3 albums, I am more interested in his work on the first two Captain Beyond albums (S/T & Sufficiently Breathless).

After leaving Captain Beyond he became a director or respiratory therapy in the US until 1980 when he began to tour under the DP name where shows ended in near riots and he was sued by DP management and as a result no longer receives royalties from DP's first 3 albums.

Since the court case he hasn't appeared publicly.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 am

Rob Wolfe(Sacraments Haunts of Violence)
Man,He had a great delivery.I wish Sacrament would come out with some new material.
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
John Arch should do something again... Maybe team up with Howie Bentley for a new Cauldron Born album? That would be amazing.

Dave:Don't think the same thing hasn't crossed my mind before. Now someone just needs to contact John Arch and persuade him that this is a good idea.

Howie
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Even though he still sings I wish John Corabi would've made more albums with Motley Crue, they should release Personality #9.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:26 am

Rick Hughes from Sword!

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 am

Cauldron_Born wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Dave:Don't think the same thing hasn't crossed my mind before. Now someone just needs to contact John Arch and persuade him that this is a good idea.

Howie

That really would be amazing. Not sure if he is interested in doing anything musically these days though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)   Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why are they no longer singing? (that I know about...)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: