Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???

Go down 
+5
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
sheets
Metal Misfit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:09 pm

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/megadeth-develop-guitar-hero-project/

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge fan of Guitar Hero & Rock Band. There's been some lame GH games (GH5 & Van Halen were huge disappointments, IMO) but overall it's a fun premise.

I doubt Megadeth is getting their own game, they just aren't a big enough name, but I'm really curious as to what's going on. If they aren't getting a game, all I can think of is more DLC, but we'll see... Maybe he's going to become a creative director?
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:10 pm

I agree that Megadeth probably isn't big enough to have their own game (although I'd certainly buy it!) but getting Dave as a consultant on some kind of Guitar Hero: Metal game makes a lot of sense because there are a lot of metal fans that are into those games and who are getting frustrated with how the games are tilting more and more toward modern pop rock.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah, that's why I didn't like GH5. The setlist SUCKED. That's what Band Hero is for, to do the pop stuff, but they still stuck a lot of that garbage in GH5. Metallica's game was definitely the best so far.

I agree, GH: Megadeth would be awesome. I'd also buy GH: KISS, GH: Black Sabbath and GH: Judas Priest. Smile

A GH: Metal game would be awesome, but I hope it would skew towards classic metal bands (or similar sounding). I don't like a lot of newer metal bands and genres.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/megadeth-develop-guitar-hero-project/

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge fan of Guitar Hero & Rock Band. There's been some lame GH games (GH5 & Van Halen were huge disappointments, IMO) but overall it's a fun premise.

I doubt Megadeth is getting their own game, they just aren't a big enough name, but I'm really curious as to what's going on. If they aren't getting a game, all I can think of is more DLC, but we'll see... Maybe he's going to become a creative director?

I don't know. Megadeth sells out the outdoor stadium every time they come to New Mexico. Our local Clear Channel rock station plays Megadeth all the time.

Kiss would sell well too. Kiss, unlike many other bands, has this hardcore following that will buy anything with their name on it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Imagine all the kids with broken fingers from trying to keep up with Mustaine's hyper speed soloing. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Kiss would sell well too. Kiss, unlike many other bands, has this hardcore following that will buy anything with their name on it.
Seems like that would be HUGE! Although, I would not buy it as I do not want my money supporting Satan's Servants. Wink
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:51 pm

The fact that a KISS game hasn't come out by now is honestly baffling to me. I'd have thought that would have been one of the first band-specific games to be out there.

Incidentally, since I've gotten her into playing Guitar Hero, my wife has shown an interest in learning bass. It makes me sad to see guys like Jimmy Page turning down offers for a Led Zeppelin game because he feels threatened by the games and thinks they keep people from learning real music. It's just the opposite - these games are a godsend for getting folks to learn instruments.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:01 pm

I can see KISS doing something similar, but it would be them giving their license to some fly-by-night company trying to get into the music-based video games.

It'd be something lame like Gods of Rock: KISS and be exclusive on the Wii and priced at $19.99.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:58 am

sheets wrote:
The fact that a KISS game hasn't come out by now is honestly baffling to me. I'd have thought that would have been one of the first band-specific games to be out there.

Incidentally, since I've gotten her into playing Guitar Hero, my wife has shown an interest in learning bass. It makes me sad to see guys like Jimmy Page turning down offers for a Led Zeppelin game because he feels threatened by the games and thinks they keep people from learning real music. It's just the opposite - these games are a godsend for getting folks to learn instruments.

Haven't KISS had a pinball game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 am

Guitar Hero: Fun. Great classic-rock setlist
Guitar Hero 2: See above
Guitar Hero 3: See above
Guitar Hero 4: Not quite as good, but still enjoyable
Guitar Hero 5: Sounds really lame
Guitar Hero Aerosmith: Lame (I don't have it, but I've played it)
Guitar Hero Metallica: Pretty fun. Good song choices.
Guitar Hero Van Halen: Don't have it, but looks really lame
Rock Band: Fun
Rock Band 2: Me no have
Rock Band Beatles: Downright wonderful

Guitar Hero Megadeth? I'd give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:40 am

Guitar Hero 3 ruled (the only one I have so far). I would totally buy a Megadeth GH game (even re-buy the guitar to have it on my Wii) if they did 1 major thing:

ACTUALLY HAVE MEGADETH SONGS IN THERE. None of this crap of a dozen 'deth tunes, then a bunch of other crap like in the Aerosmith game.

If they could do that & get over the licensing hump, it could rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 am

sheets wrote:

There has to be some red tape legal stuff that's hanging up the production for KISS Guitar Hero. With all the crapola Gene has slapped their logo on in the past, doing a video game seems like a no-brainer. Either he hasn't been offered enough money yet or he's trying to legally cut out Ace & Peter. Think about it. Doing a game called "Guitar Hero" puts most of the focus on Ace and his lead guitar work. Gene can't let that happen.

Maybe that's why they re-recorded the old classics? Doing a little pre-production for a Christmas 2010 roll-out.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:36 am

Required Fields wrote:

Haven't KISS had a pinball game?

A real pinball machine? Yes.

Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Kiss_1

This was actually my first introduction to the band. The skating rink had it and it freaked me out. I thought these guys were some really evil, really heavy metal band back in the '80s.

And also, a really awful pinball video game for the original PlayStation.

Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? KISS_Pinball_Cover

I picked it up a long time at Walmart for like $5. NO KISS MUSIC. How does that make sense ?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???   Guitar Hero: Megadeth ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero: Megadeth ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: