Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite BRIDE album?

Go down 
+37
deathisgain
7thSecond
bgsully
Big Rich
Shawn Of Fire
Mac & Cheese
corplhicks
candlemass
glassprison
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
Olafsto
Highway Star
Gilbert
krail
jettafiend
MetalFRO
Grimmo
SideShowDisaSter
Sutekh
stepcousin
Lurideath
ryanmetalman
T-Roy
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Addy
Fat Freddy
exact33
James B.
Metallic Blaze
Dave the Boss
nevermore
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Stender
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 11:11 am

SoF, Dark Horseman - agree!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Everybody Knows My Name is killer on the comp, better then on Kinetic Faith.

That whole KF album is a train wreck. I usually don't nit-pick mixes and production, but that album sounds terrible. If it were mixes like those tracks on EotA, it would have elevated it.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm

My humble opinion Snakes In The Playground is their best. Tsar Bomba was good too
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 2:04 pm

I'd love to hear it redone, songs like Kiss the Train or Ski Mask have great potential.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:20 am

I finally listened to all of the studio albums. Here is how I would rank them:

Kinetic Faith
Snakes in the Playground
Live to Die
Scarecrow Messiah
Silence is Madness
This Is It
Skin to Skin
Show No Mercy
Oddities
The Jesus Experience
Incorruptible
Tsar Bomba
Drop
Fist Full of Bees

Show No Mercy is listed lower than most people would rank it, I think, because I have a hard time getting into that style these days. None of the songs did much for me. The biggest surprise was how much I enjoyed This Is It. The last two albums were pretty disappointing though...glad I didn't rush to get them when they came out.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 5:22 pm

I like all their stuff up to and including Snakes in The Playground, but Live To Die is easily my favorite. And yes, it's a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 12:36 am

Live to die!
...but I'm down for anything from scarecrow back.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 659

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 5:59 pm

I only have one Bride CD now after having owned almost all of them at one time and that's The Best Of Bride. It has songs off of only The Jesus Experience and Oddities (The Organic Years). Those two albums will always mean the most to me as I was going through my hardcore Christian phase and a lot of BS. I know they weren't the best musically but they helped me through a lot of shit. Musically though I always thought that Snakes was the best.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Easily "Snakes in the Playground". In the more modern era, it is "This is It"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Lbeis
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:33 am

Snakes in The playground is by far my favorite Bride album
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 9:26 am

Welcome Lbeis.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:16 am

I dunno, guys. Every time I listen to Snakes it seems to lose some power. And every time I hear Scarecrow Messiah I become more impressed.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 10:03 pm

I always play All Hallow's Eve on Halloween. That kick-started a Bride binge.

When Kinetic Faith came out I was incredibly disappointed. Silence is pretty much my all-time favorite album and KF was such a departure from Silence and Live to Die. I eventually came around, but it was always a little off for me.
However! After having not listened to it in years I can say it's actually very good if not great. Those Thompsons could write great tunes and Dale was still at the top of his game.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 6:25 pm

its a toss up between the first three for me. My favorite song though is Same Ol' Sinner

Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 659

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 10:07 pm

Believe it or not, Oddities. It was my introduction to Bride and for that reason alone I still really like it.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Like already mentioned, "Drop"

It is the most honest thing they ever did (IMHDO)
Haven't listened to anything after "Fist Full of Bees"

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 7:09 am

James B. wrote:
Like already mentioned, "Drop"

It is the most honest thing they ever did (IMHDO)
Haven't listened to anything after "Fist Full of Bees"

What do you mean? Most faithful to their actual roots and interests?

If they were merely metal-by-numbers from Live to Die through Scarecrow Messiah, well, I'm even more impressed. I don't know how anyone can bring that sound and passion to something they aren't really into. I saw them 6 times in the early 90s and noone brought it like Bride did. Hmm.. thinking
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:59 am

I never got into these guys. I was more into thrash back then. I remember that I heard Snakes in the Playground from a listening station in a bookstore. I thought Dale was a Axl Rose ripoff. But looking back now, he sounds more like Jason McMaster from Dangerous Toys. Not bad…

But I much prefer Red Sea and Die Happy!

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 11:05 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

What do you mean? Most faithful to their actual roots and interests?

The brothers grew up on gospel, bluegrass and blues music.
Troy told me personally that the style of music they play is just a tool used in their ministry.
They are great performers and very passionate, I saw the 5 man line up in 1987. The best (IMHDO) I helped put on His Festival (all 3), Metal Midnite (all 3) and Metal Meltdown between 87 and 90. Bride played at 5 of those 7 shows. Fun times headbanger

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 4:01 pm

I only own three Bride albums - Snakes in the Playground, Scarecrow Messiah, and the End of the Age best-of comp. Of those three, I like Snakes the best.

Stylistically they've been all over the map during their career, but I think that GnR/Aerosmith sleaze metal style was the best pocket for them.

They've never been a big fave of mine, but they're the kind of band where I'll pick up their stuff if I happen to come across it in my travels.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 4:59 pm

This is s band I've never heard but have heard of.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 8:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I only own three Bride albums - Snakes in the Playground, Scarecrow Messiah, and the End of the Age best-of comp. Of those three, I like Snakes the best.

Stylistically they've been all over the map during their career, but I think that GnR/Aerosmith sleaze metal style was the best pocket for them.

They've never been a big fave of mine, but they're the kind of band where I'll pick up their stuff if I happen to come across it in my travels.

Scarecrow was the first album I heard. I thought after this one the decline really started. Although their recently release Christmas album is kinda fun...

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 10:32 pm

I have their first 3 albums on cd, and i think those are the ones I like most.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 9:52 pm

I’ve had the first 6 for years and have loved them. I recently started exploring the rest and snagged This Is It. It’s a great album! I can’t rank it yet, but I’d rank the first 6:

1. Live to Die
2. Silence Is Madness
3. Snakes in the Playground
4. Scarecrow Messiah
5. Kinetic Faith
6. Show No Mercy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 9:11 pm

Silence is Madness is probably my favorite with Snakes and Kinetic Faith right there with it. I’ve liked most of the stuff they’ve released, even Fistfull of Bees lol. I’ve seen them live several times and they always put on a great show. One highlight is back in the Snakes in the Playground days when they would do Knockin on Heavens Door, Awesome! They’re from close to my hometown and I’ve met them, they’re cool guys! Here’s one of my favorite songs;

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite BRIDE album?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next