Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite BRIDE album?

Go down 
+37
deathisgain
7thSecond
bgsully
Big Rich
Shawn Of Fire
Mac & Cheese
corplhicks
candlemass
glassprison
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
Olafsto
Highway Star
Gilbert
krail
jettafiend
MetalFRO
Grimmo
SideShowDisaSter
Sutekh
stepcousin
Lurideath
ryanmetalman
T-Roy
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Addy
Fat Freddy
exact33
James B.
Metallic Blaze
Dave the Boss
nevermore
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Stender
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite BRIDE album? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Favorite BRIDE album? Bride_-_Show_No_Mercy

I am the only one on Earth who likes "Show No Mercy" the most. Since I first heard it a couple of years ago, I have never grown tired of it. That and "Silence" get the most plays from me. Howaboutchu?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Not really a huge fan. I have only heard "snakes in the playground". Which ones do ya recommend spec besides show no mercy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Live To Die
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Live to Die for me too. But I love "Show No Mercy" too. It was all downhill after those 2.

BTW, why is this in the fun and games section?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:48 pm

It was going to be a poll, but I was too lazy to list all the albums. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Ah, figures. After all, you are the laziest man in the world.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:51 pm

kmorg wrote:

I had no idea that everyone knew me so well. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I had no idea that everyone knew me so well. Smile

I don't. I just read in on a wall.......

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Silence Is Madness is my favortie by a long-shot, but I like Show No Mercy a lot as well.

The first 6, although wildly different, is my favorite Bride era.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:40 pm

I like Show No Mercy, but Live To Die is my favorite by far!!!!!!!!! I liked Silence Is Madness, but it was a bit of a letdown after Live To Die.....

Kinetic Faith sucks.... bad..... I thought it was a demo at first because the production is so bad on it....

Snakes is an awesome release too - I actually like it better than Silence. Scarecrow was a letdown....... I haven't heard the last two, but the ones I heard after Scarecrow just suck
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Snakes In The Playground to me is such a great album.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Show No Mercy, Live to Die, and Snakes in the Playground.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Show No Mercy, Live to Die, and Snakes in the Playground.

ding ding ding ding ... we have a winner!

Those three Bride albums are easily their best.

I'd rank my fave Bride albums as such:

1. Live to Die (sadly, they've never topped this one. it's a sheer masterpiece 10/10)
2. Show No Mercy (a damn fine debut 9.5/10)
3. Snakes in the Playground 9/10

Those are really the only essential Bride albums IMO. The rest are for fans only.

4. Silence is Madness
5. The Matrix Years
6. The Lost Reels II
7. Kinetic Faith
8. Scarecrow Messiah
9. The Jesus Experience
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:38 pm

By the way, a lot of the people who post in the metal forum don't check this forum. Maybe someone should move this over there? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Kinetic Faith sucks.... bad..... I thought it was a demo at first because the production is so bad on it....

That's interesting being that the production on the first three are atrocious.

I picked Bride up at the local airport when they came to So. Calif for the first His Festival. I liked that 5 man line up the best. My personal favorite Bride release is "Drop".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:49 am

I dunno about Live to Die being a masterpiece, but it's definitely a very solid slab of no frills US metal.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:27 am

James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

That's interesting being that the production on the first three are atrocious.

I picked Bride up at the local airport when they came to So. Calif for the first His Festival. I liked that 5 man line up the best. My personal favorite Bride release is "Drop".

Well, the production on the first one was pretty bad. Live To Die was much, much better. I thought Silence was a bit of a drop in production quality.

To me, Kinetic Faith sounds worse, far worse than Show No Mercy. I don't know what it is, but the producer (I think Steve Griffith from 77's?) did an awful, awful job. I remember Dale in interviews saying it was the mix, but the way he recorded the guitar/drums/bass was pure crap and led to the poor mix. The surely where in a better equipped studio, had more money to record it than Show No Mercy (having just come off the improved sales of the greatest hits album and "Everybody Knows My Name"), but it sounds worse to my ears!!!!

BTW - Thunder In The City is such an Awesome, awesome song!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:30 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Silence Is Madness is my favortie by a long-shot, but I like Show No Mercy a lot as well.

The first 6, although wildly different, is my favorite Bride era.

x2. silence rocks and the title track is fantastic! I like everything up until Drop. After that they were spotty...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:57 am

I only have a couple of Bride albums but of the ones I got, I like SNAKES IN THE PLAYGROUND the best.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Snakes and Silence are my faves. All those early albums need some reproduction. Kinetic had such great potential.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Snakes in the Playground is the only Bride album I dig
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:28 am

Silence is Madness is probably my favorite album.Snakes is a great offering also.I have found something to like on just about every Bride albumI even like parts of Fistfull of Bees.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:53 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Silence is Madness is probably my favorite album.Snakes is a great offering also.I have found something to like on just about every Bride albumI even like parts of Fistfull of Bees.

You even like parts of fistfull of sh!t?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:57 am

I like Show No Mercy. It was actually my first Bride album back in the day. I bought in on cassette at some hole-in-the-wall Christian store in Rochester NY. Devoured that album. Ended up purchasing it on vinyl as well. Still have the vinyl.

I like Live To Die just a bit more. I like the speed metal and thrash overtones they added to the band.

Silence is Madness, End of the Age, Kinetic Faith and Snakes in the Playground are all great as well. After that their catalog gets a bit spotty to me. I like a lot of it, but the never ending following of trends sort of turned me off a bit. With their last few albums, I think they finally decided to stick to a sound that most defines them (somewhere between Snakes in the Playground and Drop.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 am

The weird thing is that Bride was always about the message, more then the music. The Thompson brothers were never metal fans, or even very knowledgable about the scene at all. They just set out to reach souls for Christ. Thus I find it really strange how they managed to capture the whole 80's metal thing so good.

Another band doin' the same was Messiah Prophet. Their 'Master of the Metal' album is a classic, yet none of the band members were ever into metal. That's why there was never a true follow up to that album. I guess the same can be said about Bride and 'Live To Die'.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite BRIDE album?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next