Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Empty
PostSubject: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 am

I wonder why this great song was never used as a bonus track on the first Fight album? It's only on that piece of crap 'Buffy' movie soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLynDbUbiAs
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:21 am

Great song!! I refuse to buy the "Buffy" movie soundtrack for the sake of this one song though. I was hoping it would turn up on Halford's METAL GOD ESSENTIALS VOL. I compilation a couple of years back, but no dice. There is a live version of it on his LIVE INSURRECTION 2-CD so that'll have to do for me for now.

P.S. Didja know Rob's backing band on this track was Pantera?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:27 am

Quote :

Yeah, the video clip confirmed it. Love the guitar tone!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 am

I love this song and have to say selfishly I am glad he hasn't released it!

I have seen this promo single I have go for $100 on ebay.

I didn't want the soundtrack either so when I saw the promo single years ago I added to the collection Smile

http://eil.com/fulltext/search.asp?searchtext=Light+Comes+Out+Of+Dark&type=2&style=2&zone=title&sort=-C-F&artlist=0&artcode=&prodtype=1

great song!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:46 am

I have a good MP3 of it now...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:34 am

Troublezone wrote:
I have a good MP3 of it now...

Can ya hook a brotha up? I'll PM you my e-mail address.

I've seen Halford play that song live twice -- one time with Fight and one time with the Halford band. Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 am

Who covered this song? I never heard this Halford/Pantera version, but I know I've heard this song. I can hear their version in my head. It's someone that has a Halford-like singing voice.

Anyone?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Who covered this song? I never heard this Halford/Pantera version, but I know I've heard this song. I can hear their version in my head. It's someone that has a Halford-like singing voice.

Anyone?

You got me, boss... I am unaware of any covers of this song... Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_scratch

By the way, I love how whoever YouTubed this song credits it as "Pantera featuring Rob Halford" ... when it was released on the Buffy soundtrack it was listed as merely "Rob Halford," and the Pantera guys' involvement was something of a secret at the time...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:50 am

I'm not positive just yet, but I want to say that "super-group" Killing Machine covered this song. I'm hearing James Riviera's voice in my head.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm not positive just yet, but I want to say that "super-group" Killing Machine covered this song. I'm hearing James Riviera's voice in my head.

Interesting, will have to investigate that. I only have one Killing Machine CD (METALMORPHOSIS) and that tune isn't on it. Unless it was a super duper limited bonus track or somethin'.

*EDIT* METALMORPHOSIS has a track on it called "Scarred Beyond the Black" which has a somewhat similar vibe to the Halford song... you sure that's not the song you're thinking of?

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Wow, cool stuff. Was this specifically recorded for the soundtrack?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:07 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Wow, cool stuff. Was this specifically recorded for the soundtrack?

Yup. It was the first thing Rob did as a "solo" artist after he left Priest.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Interesting, will have to investigate that. I only have one Killing Machine CD (METALMORPHOSIS) and that tune isn't on it. Unless it was a super duper limited bonus track or somethin'.

*EDIT* METALMORPHOSIS has a track on it called "Scarred Beyond the Black" which has a somewhat similar vibe to the Halford song... you sure that's not the song you're thinking of?

That be the one. Different songs, but very similiar chorus. Almost too close in fact.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Great song!! I refuse to buy the "Buffy" movie soundtrack for the sake of this one song though. I was hoping it would turn up on Halford's METAL GOD ESSENTIALS VOL. I compilation a couple of years back, but no dice. There is a live version of it on his LIVE INSURRECTION 2-CD so that'll have to do for me for now.

That's on the original BtVS movie soundtrack? Okay, despite the original movie paling miserably in comparison w/ the awesome TV show, I am a sucker for all things Buffy, so I might have to check that out... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 pm

MetalFRO wrote:

That's on the original BtVS movie soundtrack? Okay, despite the original movie paling miserably in comparison w/ the awesome TV show, I am a sucker for all things Buffy, so I might have to check that out... Smile

Yup, the original '92 movie soundtrack. The rest of the track listing includes Ozzy (a non-album track called "Party With The Animals" and The Cult ("Zap City"), along with C&C Music Factory (Yuk!), Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles, amongst others...

Looks like you can get it pretty cheap @ Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B0000028QL

And I agree, the "Buffy" TV series was far, FAR superior to the movie. The only thing the movie had going for it was Kristy Swanson as Buffy, cuz she was pretty damn hot at that time. Laughing

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Okay, it's also got Matthew Sweet, and Toad the Wet Sprocket? Sold!

Love the fact that it also has The Divinyls - there's a Divinyls reference in the 2nd season of the show, wonder if that's a coincidence...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)   Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Halford (Light comes out of Black)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: