Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light   MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:36 pm

MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light 2wqra7k

Any fans of The Kovenant from Norway?

This is a band I really like and this album, though it's a re-recording of their debut is quite good IMO. It's symphonic black metal with hints of industrial. Sounds quite nicely to me. This band's newer music is more industrial metal, but they started out as a black metal band.

Check them out here:

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light   MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:00 pm

never could get into this band. almost like a Marilyn Manson meets Rammstein meets Cradle of Filth. i'm a pretty open minded guy, but it just seems like they try too hard & still fail.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light   MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:14 am

I liked 'Nexus Polais' a great deal when it ws new. But the albums that followed it was blech. Never heard the debut...

Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light   MB's album of the day 12/5. The Kovenant ~ In Times Before the Light Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 am

@Metallic Blaze - This is possibly one of the best albums to ever com from Norway for sure, HOWEVER, I don't know if you are aware of this, but this version that you posted is not the original recording and sounds like pure crap compared to the first one. The first version was very dark, pretty melancholic and it didn't have these awful in-your-face keyboards.

Here's the original version (and cover art) in case anyone cares to check out: