Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)

Go down 
+2
scottmitchell74
James B.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Empty
PostSubject: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 pm

I don't have a website or write for some publication. Just a fan El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840

The intro of a classic George S. Patton quote sets the tone... the brutal truth told straight and to the point.

"Baptized by Fire" nice opening riff El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 and "BAM" the band gets busy
with a tasty lil run by Glenn. The tone cuts through the statement made in the speed of the rest of the band as Katon begins to narrate with attitude and power in his voice. The next guitar solo is by Lance and it is a contrast to the first and it sets the stage for the slower mid section which Katon sounds like Black Lawless a bit. (IMHO) When Glenn jumps back on it the band goes back into overdrive (great arrangment guys)
All in all, a great opening tune that lets the listener KNOW they are listening to a thrash metal cd.

"Flesh and Blood" Can't call what movie the narrative is in the begining? but with that kick @$$ groove in the opening bass line El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 (right on Steve) who cares ! Fades out and "chugga chuga chugg" ...get busy.
The tempo and vocal melody are similar to the opener. Great leadwork by both players.

"Eradicate Mankind" Best riff so far on the lp El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 "Epidemic, deadly and contagious. Hatred burns from inside, and it pray upon the weak. Intolerance, rise above alienation. Venomous eyes of hate, only see what they wanna see... ENRAGED !!" (awesome words) and the tune jumps into this killer lil groove and back to business.

"Chaos and Brutality" Killer intro chord progression and some tasty drum patterns. El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840"There Will Be Hell To Play" El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840

"El Rostro de la Muerte" The lil "ting" of the bell at the begining of the song could perhaps be allegorical (who knows) El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 If folks don't believe a good hook can be done in this style of music listen to the begining of this song. (thumbs up guys) The melodic bridge with Katon repeating "DRESSED IN FEAR" is more song writing genius capped off with Glenn and Lance trading off leadwork. El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840

"Blind Faith" nice opening riffage El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 drums El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 you thnk "man...this is pretty brutal" and then they kick it up a notch (or two) and get it thashier El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 Lance does his best solos on the cd so far on this song, which is really a nod to old school style thrash.

"Horrified" Continues the trend of tasty lil lead intros set to right out the gate thrash flippin metal El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 Again the back to back trading off of leads works well. Glenn and Lance compliment one another nicely. El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 The bridge is somewhat extended a bit too much, shorter would of been more thrashy and made more of a statement.

"Battle of the North" (instumental) wonder how long Glenn has had this laying around ? El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 201269

"The Laws of Temtation" One of the catchier opening riffs and drum patterns so far on the disc. Katon sings really old school on this. Very thrashy all the way around El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 The chord progression used after the verses sounds similar to "heart of metal". The short lil leads add to the dynamics of the tune and the sudden stop at the end...so El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840

"Death Militia" Can anyone who remembers say "steel the light" El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 201269 in regards to the guitar work in the begining ? The way the drums come in totaly take that comparison away pretty quickly. A very unique approach to getting some punk style tuneage outEl Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840

"Broken Neck" El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 One would think at first thought that this song was about headbanging El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 another kick @$$ short and sweet tune. Great trade off again by the guiatr dudes.

"Violent Assault" I personaly believe similar to what Katon expresses in the begining of this tune. "If the people find out how they've been ripped off and enslaved in this country by the government, by the powers to be... they will revolt with anger, merciless anger, there will be blood running in the streets" El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 308838 The most unique opening chord progression on the cd. Has a lil AC/DC vibe going on till they switch gears. The power chords working into the lead, then going back into one hitting the chord while the other picks out the riff from the begining and then the other lead player gets a turn (killer stuff) Gives another nod to a nice hook in an unlikey place. El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 29150 One of my favorite songs on the cd.

"Cuando Cae la Oscuridad (when darkness falls) One word. I mean two adjectives decribing one word. " beautiful "& "haunting" melody

"Satan's Fall" El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 They saved the very best for last El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) 11840 What a way to end a flippin' and rippin' cd.... Nice lil sound effects in the begining. The catchiest and thrashiest chord progressions on the entire cd. Both players do some of thier better work on this tune. The most interesting lyrics on the whole cd and given in unique perspective.

All in all... band sounds great and plays great on a cd full of great tunes.
If you like thrashy flavored tuneage, go pick this up and enjoy. Be really hard not to do so.

Laterz

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 am

Just picked this up from a trade and listened to it. Fantastic!! Had a picked this up in 2009 it would have surely altered my top-25 from that year.

Great sounding Thrash with some punkish/crossover sounding moments (to me) as well. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 pm

I need to get this. Great review!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I need to get this. Great review!

Thanks !
I forgot about this review Laughing very hard

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Hirax rule!

I'm gonna be interested to hear what they come up with now that Glenn Rogers is out of the band. The lion's share of the riffs/songs since "New Age of Terror" have been his.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Hirax rule!

I'm gonna be interested to hear what they come up with now that Glenn Rogers is out of the band. The lion's share of the riffs/songs since "New Age of Terror" have been his.

I had thought the same thing, Katon probably wil find somebody. Though not in the same caliber as Glenn (IMHO)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:29 pm

To me, this album is a modern day classic. Love it more with each listen.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 6:46 am

Just received my copy in the mail. Cannot wait to play it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 pm

As noted above, it's a fantastic album. Let us know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)   El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax (a metal fan's review)
Page 1 of 1