Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...

Go down 
+24
7thSecond
Troublezone
SlaytanicPOWER
nevermore
tohostudios
ultmetal
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
manny
sam
Schbopo
exact33
Thrasher73
DeathCult
thejokeriv
mc666
Metallic Blaze
sheets
ohwellmonkey
Stender
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Empty
PostSubject: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:46 pm

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... World-painted-blood-500x2521
SLAYER - WORLD PAINTED BLOOD

I have always been a Slayer fan, though there have been periods in my life when I didn't listen to them much. But my respect for them never ended. Once Lomabardo returned it *truly* sounded like Slayer again, Christ Illusion was a very good record and a step in the right direction...

...but World Painted Blood is a MONSTER ALBUM.

Here Slayer manages to re-capture some of that South of Heaven/Seasons vibe while not sounding like a calculated move. The arrangements on this record are really impressive and sound like they took the time to really nail these tunes home. Standouts like the title track, Snuff, Public Display Of Dismemberment, Americon, etc. are instant classic Slayer tracks.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a "comeback", because SLAYER NEVER WENT ANYWHERE. But this one is REALLY focused in a way I haven't heard in quite awhile.

This one is a must buy! SPREAD THE HATE WORLDWIDE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:53 pm

It was better than I expected. But some of the solos are bottom-of-the-barrel. Still need to digest the album more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:00 pm

"Unofficial Thread"?

I will wait and post my comments in the OFFICIAL thread. Thank you and good day, sir!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It was better than I expected. But some of the solos are bottom-of-the-barrel. Still need to digest the album more.

Slayer's solo's have always been bottom-of-the-barrel, random wankery....
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Well I'll probably be the only person to say this album "officially" SUCKS!!! The guitar tone is weak, Tom Araya sounds tired, and it still sounds that they are trying to play metalcore/hardcore. Hate that crap! I have found 3 songs on it that were decent which are

Psychopathy Red
Unit 731
and the title track!

What once was a good band is now being written off! R.I.P Slayer!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:34 pm

I havent heard the album entirely yet, but from what I HAVE heard I would have to agree with Lurideath.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:56 pm

I actually was pleasantly surprised by how good Tom's vocals sounded.

Plus Dave's drumming (always the highlight of this band) sounds really great.
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:38 pm

I think the record is a step in the right direction. To becoming what they're where. Over all i like it.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:46 pm

I thought it sounded pretty good. Sounded like Slayer to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Sounds good to my ears! I'll be picking it up!!

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... 778825
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:50 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

feel free to take Kirk Hammet's balls out of your mouth at any time.

this is a damn fine album. a little more varied than Christ Illusion, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:49 am

mc666 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

feel free to take Kirk Hammet's balls out of your mouth at any time.

this is a damn fine album. a little more varied than Christ Illusion, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Ehm, did I mention him in that comment? But all right, since Slayer is a sore spot to you, I will re-phrase : To me, most of Slayer's solo's just don't sound of much. They sound forced, as if they just recorded it just to have a solo. I don't really hear anything brilliant, just different noises. They really aren't that great, I'd actually say most of them are downright bad. And yes, I do think Kirk Hammett could solo circle's around Hanneman or King (especially Kinng), even today. But so can many other guitarists, Hanneman and King just aren't great at solo's. At least from what I've heard, which is a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:52 am

The opening of "Snuff" probably features the best solo-work from Slayer I have ever heard - But even that ain't much better than anything else in the world of Metal. Don't get me wrong, I like Slayer, their solo's just aren't good, and they tend to sound a bit repetitive. "At Dawn They Sleep", "The Antichrist", "Eyes of the Insane", "South of Heaven" and "Psychopathy Red" are my favourite Slayer tracks. "At Dawn They Sleep" being my alltime favourite. I have ranted enough
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:56 am

I have to agree that Slayer's solos tend to sound like they're simply trying to strangle their guitars.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:41 am

I may have to pick this one up - I never did pick up CI
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am

I have no idea how many times I've said this since the 80's....

SLAYER'S SOLOS FIT THE SOUND OF THE BAND!!!!!

They are chaotic, the MUSIC is chaotic, I wouldn't want them to play any other way.

I also think the solos on this album are excellent (particularly the masterful title cut).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 am

I like Slayer's solos. Sure they might not be real technical, but they have a sound all their own. Very primitive - and that works well for me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:07 am

Lurideath wrote:
Well I'll probably be the only person to say this album "officially" SUCKS!!! The guitar tone is weak, Tom Araya sounds tired, and it still sounds that they are trying to play metalcore/hardcore. Hate that crap! I have found 3 songs on it that were decent which are

Psychopathy Red
Unit 731
and the title track!

What once was a good band is now being written off! R.I.P Slayer!

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Qtip

There ya go Shannon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:11 am

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... 201269
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:20 am

Listening to this album, I have a thought. "Christ Illusion", IMO, was as good as "Seasons" (which was never one of my favorites), and this new one is alot like "Divine Intervention". It's intense as hell, just not alot of substance or interesting riffage. My favorite part is Lombardo once again. Holy cripes that geezer can play! Much like the new WASP, nothing is new in the world of Slayer...but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
My favorite part is Lombardo once again. Holy cripes that geezer can play!

Yeah,Lombardo has always been the best part of the band for me.Hes the glue that holds it all together.He can rip on the kit!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:39 am

detuned wrote:

They are chaotic, the MUSIC is chaotic, I wouldn't want them to play any other way.

I also think the solos on this album are excellent (particularly the masterful title cut).

I don't entirely agree.

Would you like sloppy drumming and sloppy riffing to go with the sloppy soloing? That would fit better, right?

Playing chaotic, crazy sounding stuff is one thing. It's another thing to play purely random slop. You can play aggressive, wild stuff and still have it be controlled but SLAYER's guitar players are too lazy to improve in this respect during their multi-decade career.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
detuned wrote:

I don't entirely agree.

Would you like sloppy drumming and sloppy riffing to go with the sloppy soloing? That would fit better, right?

Playing chaotic, crazy sounding stuff is one thing. It's another thing to play purely random slop. You can play aggressive, wild stuff and still have it be controlled but SLAYER's guitar players are too lazy to improve in this respect during their multi-decade career.

I completely agree with the above statement
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Its funny just how close the album title is to the one X sinner used a few years back... I am sure there is no connection but it is pretty close..

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next