Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EVILE Bassist Dies At 32

Go down 
+19
Leatherface
nevermore
BuzzPhil
jstate
Stender
Required Fields
GrandNational
kmorg
FlyingV
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
mc666
sam
Thrasher73
Mglaffas81
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
INVADERS
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Empty
PostSubject: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 am

Just a few days into the band's European tour with AMON AMARTH, bassist Mike Alexander of British thrashers EVILE was suddenly taken ill and rushed to hospital, but tragically passed away in LuleƄ, Sweden [on Monday, October 5]. He was 32 years old.

EVILE members Matt Drake, Ol Drake and Ben Carter have released the following statement:

"This is so hard to find the words to express fully how we feel. We can't believe or accept what's happened. One minute we're talking to our buddy, Mike, the next minute we can never speak to him again.

"There's so many things rushing through our heads that we want to say, do and feel. We half expect him to come round the corner and call us 'dickheads'. We can't get our heads around it.

"It upsets us so much that he was away from his family when this happened, although knowing Mike, we're at least glad he was on tour doing what he loves.

"We're lost for words. We all miss him so much already. He was such a headstrong, genuinely nice guy who loved music and his family. We've got so many brilliant memories with him.

"Our hearts go out to his daughter, family and friends at this tragic, difficult time.

"Mike is much loved and is sorely missed.

"Rest in peace, brother."

BrooklynRocks conducted an interview with Ol Drake and Mike Alexander on August 20, 2009 at the Earache Records offices in New York City. Watch the chat below.

EVILE's sophomore album, "Infected Nations", was released on September 21 in Europe and September 22 in the U.S. via Earache Records.

---Taken from Blabbermouth.net----

RIP Dude
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:44 am

Wow! That sucks. He was young. What the heck happened?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:44 am

Wow. I'm shocked and saddened by this news. No casue of death reported yet?

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 am

Terrible news, way too young. I too wonder what caused it?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Very sad news. I as well wonder what caused it. I hope then are able to continue on as a band.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Wow, that is indeed very sad - RIP
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Wow,that is terrible news.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:07 pm

This totally blows, RIP Metal Bro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 pm

rest in peace

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Honestly I'm not familiar with the band but wow, that sucks. R.I.P.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Terrible news alright, I believe it was caused by a clot on the lung
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:01 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:54 pm

What a shame. I just bought the new Evile CD Saturday night too and was really enjoying it. Very sad news...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Sad indeed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:30 pm

I really enjoyed their debut album and will likely get the new one. This is sad, considering his age and the fact that he left behind a young child. God rest his soul.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:01 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:02 pm

Rest in peace. 32 is way to young to go out. Regards to his family and band.

Man Evile was looking to have quite a career ahead of them, I hope they stick with it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:49 pm

R.I.P

These guys are so great. I was a big fan of the music then saw the Enter The Grave DVD and became an even bigger fan. It was obvious how much they loved playing and being in a band. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Metal novice
Metal novice
BuzzPhil

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:45 pm

I just learned that today... It sucks... He was pretty young. EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Terrible news. I read that the cause of death was a possible cerebral hemorrhage. It's really sad to hear this.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:18 pm

RIP. EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 1906
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:35 pm

Man, I was thinking they'd finely make it to the states. For this album
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:38 pm

***UPDATE***

The medical examiners have determined the cause of death for EVILE bassist Mike Alexander, who passed away on October 5, 2009 while on tour with the band in Sweden. According to guitarist Ol Drake, Mike died of a pulmonary embolism, a blockage of an artery in the lung.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:03 pm

R.I. P. Mike. I just picked up the new album a while ago. While I don't like it as much as the first it's still really good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:44 pm

I feel for the band and family

Hope they carry on the torch and come across the pond for gigs

Laterz

PostSubject: Re: EVILE Bassist Dies At 32   EVILE Bassist Dies At 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVILE Bassist Dies At 32
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: