Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

journey On Oprah

Go down 
+9
Neuropete
Metallic Blaze
mc666
DallasBlack
tohostudios
krokus
kethdredd
manny
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:07 pm

"Don't Stop Believin'" is the theme of "The Oprah Winfrey Showjourney On Oprah 2" on October 5 when legendary rockers JOURNEY appear on the program to tell Oprah how singer Arnel Pineda became part of the band as well as to perform their hit anthem.

A photo of JOURNEY's appearance on "The Oprahjourney On Oprah 2 Winfrey Show" can be viewed below.

JOURNEY's "Live In Manila" two-DVD set was released today (October 2). Filmed with RED technology, which utilizes special 4K high-definition cameras with a resolution exceeding 35mm film that gives the footage an extra dynamic quality, the DVD captures JOURNEY's historic concert in Manila, Philippines. Performing more than two hours' worth of classic favorites, as well as new hits from the band's latest album, "Revelation", "Live In Manila" documents the triumphant homecoming of the band's singer Arnel Pineda.

On March 14, 2009, JOURNEY returned to Pineda's homeland and introduced him as their new lead singer to a crowd of nearly 30,000. Group members Neal Schon, Jonathan Cain, Ross Valory, and Deen Castronovo swelled with pride as they witnessed the Filipino people embrace Arnel and the music of JOURNEY.

By the time of the Manila concert, more than 800,000 copies of "Revelation" — the band's first album with Arnel — had been sold, and was supported with sold-out shows all over the world.

The "Live In Manila" DVD, like "Revelation", is being sold exclusively at Wal-Martjourney On Oprah 2 in North America.

"Live In Manila" track listing:

Disc One:

01. Never Walk Away
02. Only The Young
03. Ask The Lonely
04. Stone In Love
05. Keep On Running
06. After All These Years
07. Change For The Better
08. Wheel In The Sky
09. Lights / Still They Ride
10. Open Arms
11. Mother Father
12. Wildest Dreams
13. When You Love A Woman
14. Separate Ways
15. What I Needed

Disc Two:

16. Edge Of The Blade
17. Where Did I Lose Your Love
18. Escape
19. Faithfully
20. Don't Stop Believin'
21. Anyway You Want It
22. Lovin' Touchin'
23. Turn Down The World
24. Be Good To Yourself

"Revelation" debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at No. 5 and entered the national charts in six European countries in its first week of release. Within a few months, "Revelation" was certified platinum, journey's 11th album to achieve that status. In the fall of 2008, JOURNEY's classic "Don't Stop Believin'" set a new high-water mark for digital downloads, topping 2 million in sales, making it the most downloaded catalogue track ever.

JOURNEY plays with a passion and commitment that wows both longtime fans and new generations of listeners alike. More than 700,000 fans attended their 2008 tour alone to hear the new hit singles "Never Walk Away" and "After All These Years" as well as the staggering catalogue of hits such as "Don't Stop Believin'", "Any Way You Want It", "Open Arms", "Faithfully", "Stone In Love", and "Separate Ways".

journey On Oprah Journeyoprah

journey On Oprah Journeymanila

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Cool, I actually liked 'Revelation' and I am looking forward to the DVD.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:24 am

Wow! An appearance on Oprah is like finding gold. They will get a huge spike in album and i tunes sales. I believe that song is the number 1 selling song off of itunes after the final Sopranos episode.
Back to top Go down

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:45 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Just today i have been playing FRONTIERS, still a good album. After a lot of thrash, death, black and heavy metal its nice to relax on some cool hard aor and JOURNEY was and still is a great band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Thus confirming my assertion that Journey are a "chick band".

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm

I could care less about the Oprah but that live DVD sounds cool (if only I got around to watching those things).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 pm

i like some Journey & Steve Perry, but this doesn't belong in the Metal area by any stretch.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:32 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

But I thought you liked that kind of music.
Back to top Go down

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:26 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

But I thought you liked that kind of music.

I love it...but JOURNEY, for me, has become very uninteresting...
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
Thus confirming my assertion that Journey are a "chick band".

Yes... it's true. But, even so, I have to confess my geek love for their music. I used to hide it, but not anymore. Yes, I like listening to Journey. There, I said it.

Journey Escape was virtually the soundtrack to 6th grade. Heck, I even owned the crappy Atari 2600 game they released. Good memories attached to that album.
Back to top Go down

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:16 pm

I loved/love JOURNEY up to and including the Steve Augeri era...great stuff indeed...but since the JSS thing and the lacklustre (IMO) Revelation, they've kinda lost thier appeal to me. With Arnel singing (good singer) and the by-the-numbers new music they sound like another of the many bands that borrow from JOURNEY as opposed to THE JOURNEY...if that makes sense...they don't stand out anymore to my ears...if it were another band w/ the same record, I'd probably like it a little more...I don't know...maybe its because Schon and Cain have (by all accounts) become arsehole dictators/prima donna b!+ches...I just can't see the band the same way. I loved the 2 albums w/ Augeri, saw them twice with him, and held them high as the greatest Melodic Rock band ever up until a few years ago...I'll take Infinity to Generations...you can have the rest.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:31 am

Love 'em. I'll definitely get that DVD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:01 am

Smart move by the band to appear on Oprah. Her target demographic of middle age housewifes are gonna shut down itunes, downloading all those classic tunes they lost their viginity to back at their high school prom in 1983.

I'm surprised Gene Simmons hasn't gotten himself booked on Oprah yet. Anything that get's the big O's "seal of approval" sells through the roof.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:37 am

You know it's funny, I busted out Perry's solo CD yesterday and then an hour later I stop off at my mechanics to pay off the ridiculous bill on my POS car and his secretary was watching Oprah in the office and Journey was performing. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:01 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/124218

Yet more proof that if you hawk something on Oprah you're guaranteed to sell a ton of it.
The last time I remember Journey being number one on any chart I was just a kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

journey On Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Re: journey On Oprah   journey On Oprah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

journey On Oprah
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: