Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sinister Realm!

Go down 
+2
sam
Wargod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Sinister Realm! Empty
PostSubject: Sinister Realm!   Sinister Realm! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:25 am

I actually found thius band about 2 weeks ago was impressed by their songs on myspace I ordered their debut cd.
I know a few dOOm heads will like this!

http://www.myspace.com/enterthesinisterrealm

American label Shadow Kingdom Records is on its way becoming a label with a fine nose for talent. I was really impressed by CD’s they released of newcomers like Argus and Altar of Oblivion. But they also able to sign great bands like Iron Man. So, check out this label and see what they have to offer.

The latest release by Shadow Kingdom is the American band Sinister Realm. Personally I was already aware they existed due to a demo they did in 2008 that was spread through the Internet. Now the debut has been released and I’m impressed. Sinister Realm plays epic doom metal along the line of bands like Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus. Although this is a debut album it definitely isn’t of a lesser quality compared to these bands that have been around for ages. Basically it seems Sinister Realm is a bit like Candlemass as bassist John Gaffney seems to be the leader of this pack. He also produced this album and that can be heard, as the bass is very prominent in the mix giving the sound that necessary punch. Singer Alex Kristof sounds charismatic and he really knows how to carry the songs. In fact the complete band has class and this is a debut most other bands can only dream about.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Sinister Realm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinister Realm!   Sinister Realm! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:34 am

nice dude, lot of candlemass influence, I really like the singers voice. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Sinister Realm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinister Realm!   Sinister Realm! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Not so much Candlemass but like more accessible radio-friendly version of Black Sabbath (Dio years) mixed with classic Judas/Maiden influences. Good band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

Sinister Realm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinister Realm!   Sinister Realm! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 am

I like it! Sinister Realm! Headbang Sinister Realm! 877540 Sinister Realm! Headbang Sinister Realm! 877540
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Sinister Realm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinister Realm!   Sinister Realm! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Sinister Realm absolutely destroy! Definitely one of the best new albums I've heard so far this year. To me they sound like a combination of early Candlemass, early 80s Priest and Mercyful Fate. Shadow Kingdom Records have a knack for great new bands (like Argus and Altar Of Oblivion).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Sinister Realm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinister Realm!   Sinister Realm! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:16 am

Wow, checked out this band after reading about them in Scream Magazine. Pretty cool stuff!

Sinister Realm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinister Realm!   Sinister Realm! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sinister Realm!
Page 1 of 1