Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Super Hero movies of all time

Go down 
+24
TheDoctor'sScarf
GrandNational
metalinmyveins
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
Addy
exact33
MetalGuy71
sheets
Sutekh
DallasBlack
sam
Troublezone
kmorg
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
Svengo
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
manny
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 pm

manny wrote:
Yet Stallone's career managed to survive after 'Judge Dredd' and 'Stop! Or My Mom will Shoot".

I remembrer Jay Sherman The Critic yelling about Stallone, "Who can survive Rhinestone! The man's inhuman!"

Say what you will, but I remember liking Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot. However, it's been ages since I've seen it so who knows what I'd think of it now.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 pm

I both Rhinestone and STOP! Or My Mom Will Shoot. Razz I can understand people bashing Rhinestone, but STOP! wasn't really any worse than any other movie during that time from the action comedy genre.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Catwoman. Hands down. Halle Berry's lovely lady lumps couldn't even save that one.

In spite of Halle's presence, that's still 90 minutes of my life I can't get back. Aeon Flux, whilst not technically a superhero film also needs a dishonourable mention.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:30 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'm tired of all the Judge Dredd bashing. It was a fun popcorn movie, darnit! angry

What "Judge Dredd" needed was less Copy Machine Guy, and an appearance by Judge Death!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:04 pm

kmorg wrote:
Oh, and let's not forget Flash Gordon. A movie soooo bad, it even reflected on Queen's usually so stellar music. (Good thing they got to redeem themsleves with Highlander some years later).

What madness is this?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:25 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'm tired of all the Judge Dredd bashing. It was a fun popcorn movie, darnit! angry

Yea, I kinda dug that movie too when I first saw it. Don't know how well it would hold up if I watched it again today, though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Wow, sooooo much love for Flash Gordon? surprised

I love B-movies. I like most movies people usuakky call crap. But Flash Gordon just wasn't bad enough to be good. It was just bad. At least FF agrees with me, and he knows what he's talking about! Very Happy

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:31 pm

sam wrote:
manny wrote:
Supergirl is a horrible movie but Helen Slater looked very tasty in that Supergirl uniform.

Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Supergirl4

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yowza! She looks like Patricia Arquette.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
At least FF agrees with me, and he knows what he's talking about! Very Happy

High five!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:37 pm

cheers

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 pm

My vote would be for the "The Punisher" starring Dolph Lundgren.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:18 pm

I actually liked that Punisher, but I was also young and stupid at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I actually liked that Punisher, but I was also young and stupid at the time.
Actually if you divorce the Dolph Lungren movie in your mind from the Marvel character, I think that you're left with a fun to watch (at least for me) generic "B grade" action flick.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:01 am

I love Judge Dredd thats an awesome flick

I agree with Superman IV, Captain America and The Punisher with Dolph Lungren? I much perfer Thomas Jane as the Punisher
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 am

Addy wrote:
I love Judge Dredd thats an awesome flick

I agree with Superman IV, Captain America and The Punisher with Dolph Lungren? I much perfer Thomas Jane as the Punisher

I agree with that Superman IV as well. It was so horrible in so many different ways...

Alex

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 am

Svengo wrote:

Actually if you divorce the Dolph Lungren movie in your mind from the Marvel character, I think that you're left with a fun to watch (at least for me) generic "B grade" action flick.

That's kinda how I feel about Dolph's "Punisher." If it were just a plain ole B-action movie without the Punisher name on it, it wouldn't be a bad flick (well, it might still be a bad flick, but bad in a good way... haha) ... but as a comic adaptation it's crapola.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was so disappointed in that flick that I actually wrote a letter to Marvel about it when I first saw it years ago... I remember saying "Where was Microchip? Since when was Frank Castle a police officer? Why is he living in the sewers like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?" and most unforgivable of all, "WHY WASN'T HE WEARING THE SKULL EMBLEM ON HIS CHEST?"

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Yeah - not having the skull on the chest is the worst. funny thing is Dolph didnt need to learn that many lines for that movie Smile

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 200px-3devadam

I haven't personally seen this but just going by the Wikipedia entry I'd have to say we may have the all time winner right here...sounds like a hoot!

Quote :
3 Dev Adam (translated as Three Mighty Men but also known as Turkish Spider-Man vs. Captain Turkish America) is an infamous low-budget 1973 Turkish movie with unauthorised versions of Captain America, Santo and Spider-Man as the main characters. Notably, Spider-Man is the villain of the film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Dev_Adam

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was so disappointed in that flick that I actually wrote a letter to Marvel about it when I first saw it years ago... I remember saying "Where was Microchip? Since when was Frank Castle a police officer? Why is he living in the sewers like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?" and most unforgivable of all, "WHY WASN'T HE WEARING THE SKULL EMBLEM ON HIS CHEST?"

Didn't you hear? There's a new Punisher movie that's scheduled for 2012 and they're gonna address all your complaints. However the part of Microchip will be played by Mickey nemesis Black Pete and the Kingpin will be played by Disney C.E.O. Robert A. Iger. Wink
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:42 pm

I just purchased 'Superboy' season 1 on DVD, and thankfully I did not pay to much for it but the plots of some of these epsiodes are laughable, for example in one Superboy referes the college basketball game that Lex Luthor has fixed.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 pm

I also enjoyed the Dolph Punisher movie. At the time I didn't even know it was a comic adaption.

And I can't believe that we haven't mentioned the horrible The Phantom. Now I understand that The Phantom isn't a huge comic book series in the US. But here in Norway it was only rivaled by Donald Duck at it's height. So everyone was excited by the movie, which turned out to be a total disaster.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Svengo wrote:

Didn't you hear? There's a new Punisher movie that's scheduled for 2012 and they're gonna address all your complaints. However the part of Microchip will be played by Mickey nemesis Black Pete and the Kingpin will be played by Disney C.E.O. Robert A. Iger. Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_wink

Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Lmao I'd pay to see that!

kmorg wrote:
And I can't believe that we haven't mentioned the horrible The Phantom. Now I understand that The Phantom isn't a huge comic book series in the US. But here in Norway it was only rivaled by Donald Duck at it's height. So everyone was excited by the movie, which turned out to be a total disaster.

I remember the "Phantom" movie...vaguely. It had a lot of pre-release hype comparing it to "Batman" (!) but the character wasn't really well known in the US anymore by the 90s. I remembered the comic strip in the newspaper from when I was a kid but it had pretty much died out by the time they made the movie. I did see the film and about all I recall about it was that Kristy ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") was in it and she was hot. I guess that says it all.

I also remember that Subway restaurants (at least I think it was Subway) were selling "Phantom" related toys with their kids' meals and had some sort of sweepstakes tied into it. (A few years back I stumbled across a cheap little metal Shadow "Skull Ring" in a box of junk at my house that I must've gotten when I ate there.) I wonder how much $$ Subway lost on that deal cuz the movie tanked big time.

Now that I think about 1990s film up-dates of 1930s and '40s comic strip characters, "The Shadow" (with Alec Baldwin) didn't fare very well either, but that was actually a pretty decent movie. Neither did "The Rocketeer" (a character that didn't date back to the '30s and '40s, but was a period piece that took place in that era) -- which was a great movie (and comic).

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Quote :
Now that I think about 1990s film up-dates of 1930s and '40s comic strip characters, "The Shadow" (with Alec Baldwin) didn't fare very well either, but that was actually a pretty decent movie.

Which reminds me. Has anyone seen "The Spirit"? That one falls into that category perfectly. I believe it came and went in theaters with barely a wimper. I see that it's already availabe "On-Demand", probably dvd too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Now that I think about 1990s film up-dates of 1930s and '40s comic strip characters, "The Shadow" (with Alec Baldwin) didn't fare very well either, but that was actually a pretty decent movie.

Which reminds me. Has anyone seen "The Spirit"? That one falls into that category perfectly. I believe it came and went in theaters with barely a wimper. I see that it's already availabe "On-Demand", probably dvd too.

Haven't seen it but I'm curious about it. It's supposed to be very similar in look and feel to "Sin City," dunno if that's a selling point or not (for me it's not, cuz I didn't really care for "Sin City.")

And yea, the Spirit came and went in theatres in about a week didn't it? Talk about crash and burn.

Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Haven't seen it but I'm curious about it. It's supposed to be very similar in look and feel to "Sin City," dunno if that's a selling point or not (for me it's not, cuz I didn't really care for "Sin City.")

And yea, the Spirit came and went in theatres in about a week didn't it? Talk about crash and burn.
I thought it was a tolerable movie to watch maybe once if you didn't know anything about the character beforehand (high praise eh?). As an adaptation however I thought it was a pretty mixed bag with far too much attention paid to its style and not enough to any real substantive ideas that the original series addressed.

It was pretty obvious that they weren't gonna use The Spirit's 1940s sidekick named "Ebony White" who was a 40s stereotype of African Americans.

Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 200px-The_Spirit_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Super Hero movies of all time   Worst Super Hero movies of all time - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Super Hero movies of all time
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next