Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best MetallicA bootleg

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Best MetallicA bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Best MetallicA bootleg   Best MetallicA bootleg Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:04 pm

I remember back 7 years ago I had a habbit of downloading metallica show bootlegs. What's the best out of them all? I think the best 80s metallica bootleg with cliff was the one at the Rheine September 1985 and the best with jason was in Zwolle in 1987. I think the best 90s bootleg of MetallicA would either be Woodstock 99, Miami 1994 or the Cunning Stunts show. With the best bootleg of this decade I wouldn't be too sure. I think Live smurf poo Binge and Purge is overrated the only thing good about that cd is the sound quality and I think MetallicA sounded really bad in the early 90s with their shows especially how they play fade to black it sounded better on the shows from 1995-1999.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best MetallicA bootleg   Best MetallicA bootleg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Most of the bootlegs I have of Metallica are originals, though I have a few downloaded. While Cliff was in the band, I'll have to go with either:

"First U.K Gig"" 3/27/84 Marquee Club London put out by H-Bomb Music

Tracklist:

1. Hit The Lights
2. The Four Horsemen
3. Jump In The Fire
4. Phantom Lord
5. Ride The Lightning
6. Motorbreath
7. The Call of Ktulu
8. No Remorse
10. Whiplash
11.. Seek & Destroy

or "Acting Like A Maniac" 8/17/85 (Donington Show) put out by Three Cool Cats. Track list:

1. Creeping Death
2. Ride The Lightning
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. The Four Horsemen
5. Fade To Black
6. Seek & Destroy
7. Whiplash
8. Am I Evil?
9. Motorbreath

I have the Zwolle concert (Aardshok Festival) as well 2/8/87 called "Beyond The Wall of Sound" put out by Octopus records. It's definitely one of the best sounding that I have in my collection (Great soundboard). I love that they brought out the guys from Laaz Rockit, Anthrax, & Metal Church out for the song "Blitzkrieg". Rumor has it that the invitation was not extended to Crimson Glory, who was also on the bill that day. Set list:

1. Master of Puppets
2. For Whom The Bell Tolls
3. Welcome Home Sanitarium
4. Ride The Lightning
5. Bass Solo
6. Whiplash
7. The Thing That Should Not Be
8. Peanuts theme/The Four Horsemen
9. Am I Evil?
10. Damage Inc.
11. Blitzkrieg

I also love the show that took place right after Aardshok, which was their gig on 2/13/87 in Gothenburg. That show wrapped up the European tour/Master of Puppets tour as we know it. I have this gig on VHS as well as C.D (though the C.D has the full set list).

1. Battery
2. Master of Puppets
4. Welcome Home Sanitarium
5. Ride The Lightning
6. Bass Solo
7. Whiplash
8. The Thing That Should Not Be

2nd disc

1. Fade To Black
2. Seek & Destroy
3. Creeping Death
4. Covers (Peanuts theme, 2nd short riff???, Run To The Hills, slight intro Iron Man, Return of the Vampire, and about a 50 second intro into Trapped Under Ice)
5. The Four Horsemen
6. Guitar solo
7. Am I Evil?
8. Damage Inc.
9. Fight Fire With Fire

I love these 4 shows in particular that I have.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Best MetallicA bootleg   Best MetallicA bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:43 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Most of the bootlegs I have of Metallica are originals, though I have a few downloaded. While Cliff was in the band, I'll have to go with either:

or "Acting Like A Maniac" 8/17/85 (Donington Show) put out by Three Cool Cats. Track list:

1. Creeping Death
2. Ride The Lightning
4. The Four Horsemen
5. Fade To Black
6. Seek & Destroy
7. Whiplash
8. Am I Evil?
9. Motorbreath

Is this the show where James goes on about not being a band that's all about eye makeup and the words 'rock and roll baby' in every f*ing song? Razz
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best MetallicA bootleg   Best MetallicA bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:13 am

metalken wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

1. Creeping Death
2. Ride The Lightning
4. The Four Horsemen
5. Fade To Black
6. Seek & Destroy
7. Whiplash
8. Am I Evil?
9. Motorbreath

Is this the show where James goes on about not being a band that's all about eye makeup and the words 'rock and roll baby' in every f*ing song? Best MetallicA bootleg Icon_razz

That would be the show. It was quite the speech after "Ride The Lightning".

Verbatim:

James:Well, well... It looks like we got some crazy mother f*ckers here. Well we're Metallica, and I have to tell you something from the start. If you came here to see spandex and f*cking eye makeup and all that sh!t, and the words rock and roll baby in every f*cking song...this ain't the f*cking band. We came here to bash some f*cking heads for 50 minutes. Are you f*cking with us? Alright, Mr. Cliff Burton....

...and off the band went into "For Whom The Bell Tolls". There's probably no better bootleg I own, even though it isn't one of the band's longest sets. It was just the vibe of that whole show. And it was a time that the band will never recapture!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Best MetallicA bootleg   Best MetallicA bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:32 am

I have a pretty sweet vinyl LP boot called "Am I Evil?" which was recorded @ the Monsters of Rock festival in Nuremberg, Germany in August '87. I should've been at that show because I was in Germany at the time, but wasn't (see my entry on the "$5.98 EP" in the Metallica Discography Thread for that whole story, I'm not gonna go into it now), but at least I have an audio reminder of what I missed.

I have several other Metallica boots of varying quality -- "Cee Four" (2 LP set, apparently recorded sometime in '85, sound quality is meh) and "Sanatorium" (2 LP recorded in '89, sound quality is terrible) and a bootleg CD called "Bay Area Thrashers: The Early Years," which I found out later is just a bad-quality copy of the "No Life Til Leather" demo, with fake crowd noise stripped over it so it can be passed off as "rare early live material." Fortunately I didn't pay too much $ for that CD (ten bucks, I think) -- as I said, the quality sucks but I keep it around as a conversation piece.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best MetallicA bootleg   Best MetallicA bootleg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best MetallicA bootleg
Page 1 of 1