Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi - The Circle

Go down 
+12
Zé Metal & Company
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
manny
MetalFRO
akeldama
kmorg
James B.
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Bon Jovi - The Circle Empty
PostSubject: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Bon Jovi - The Circle Cc061449-7057-487f-a039-83d0d769af9e

First single:

"We Weren't Born to Follow"

It's okay, sounds like something from Have a Nice Day, but luckily, it's no Lost Highway. I don't expect them to return to their pop metal roots, but I'd really love it if they did something similar to These Days, Crush or even Bounce.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 pm

I always figured him for a circle jerk type of guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12641

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:36 pm

If Death Metal was the flavor of the month and was at the top of the Billboard Pop charts. Bon Jovi would release "Hell in Hoboken" on cd.

All the soccer moms would show up flashing the devil horn sign in one hand and a Miller Lite in the other, wearing a cowboy hat.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:50 pm

James B. wrote:
If Death Metal was the flavor of the month and was at the top of the Billboard Pop charts. Bon Jovi would release "Hell in Hoboken" on cd.

All the soccer moms would show up flashing the devil horn sign in one hand and a Miller Lite in the other, wearing a cowboy hat.

Laughing very hard So true
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 am

Yeah, it has that Crush/Bounce/Have A Nice Day flavor. Catch song that is easily forgotten, sadly.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:58 pm

I like it. It's better than anything off of their last effort. Jon's rewritten Livin' On A Prayer so many times now.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:30 pm

kmorg wrote:
Yeah, it has that Crush/Bounce/Have A Nice Day flavor. Catch song that is easily forgotten, sadly.

I don't think you give them enough credit. My wife is a MAJOR Bon Jovi fan, and I've heard "Crush" more times than I can possibly count. Thing is, though, nearly every song on that CD is of high quality. And they're all catchy. I randomly get songs from that CD stuck in my head for no reason, other than they're catchy & memorable. "Bounce" wasn't quite as good, but rocked out nicely. "Have a Nice Day" they started to lose me a bit - less memorable overall. But if they could do a more "Crush" type of record in terms of songwriting, they'd have another winner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 pm

I think Bon Jovi is ok, not the best songwriters but they have managed to keep the same line up (with the exception of that sucky bass player) since 1984 and have been successful most of that time, that has count for something.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 am

MetalFRO wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I don't think you give them enough credit. My wife is a MAJOR Bon Jovi fan, and I've heard "Crush" more times than I can possibly count. Thing is, though, nearly every song on that CD is of high quality. And they're all catchy. I randomly get songs from that CD stuck in my head for no reason, other than they're catchy & memorable. "Bounce" wasn't quite as good, but rocked out nicely. "Have a Nice Day" they started to lose me a bit - less memorable overall. But if they could do a more "Crush" type of record in terms of songwriting, they'd have another winner.

I agree with everything you posted here. That doesn't take away anything from my first post. The new song follows in the same manner as those albums, albeit it doesn't seem to have the same staying power.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 am

manny wrote:
I think Bon Jovi is ok, not the best songwriters but they have managed to keep the same line up (with the exception of that sucky bass player) since 1984 and have been successful most of that time, that has count for something.

Not to mention that the man is suffering from a rare genetic disease that is causing him to lose that marvelous chest of shag-carpet.

Bon Jovi - The Circle Jon_bon_jovi_02-793888Bon Jovi - The Circle Jon_bon_jovi_1970629

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

Not to mention that the man is suffering from a rare genetic disease that is causing him to lose that marvelous chest of shag-carpet.

Bon Jovi - The Circle Jon_bon_jovi_02-793888Bon Jovi - The Circle Jon_bon_jovi_1970629
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!! humble humble humble humble
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:31 am

LMAO!!!!! I guess he likes to wax his chest!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:34 am

I like this song, kind of reminds me of something of These Days or Keep The Faith.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:59 pm

i still dig Jovi's albums. listenable, classics.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Zé Metal & Company
Metal novice
Metal novice
Zé Metal & Company

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:07 pm

I've see 4 times in Portugal
Great Concert in Portugal
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:41 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
i still dig Jovi's albums. listenable, classics.
Heck yeah!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Samples from the album:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Circle/dp/B002T9NL38/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1255917647&sr=8-14

Sounds better than Lost Highway and Have a Nice Day, doesn't sound like it'll even get close to Bounce though. Oh well. I'll still give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 am

I really like Bon Jovi! They are great for what they are! Good ole hard rock!

They are actually my favorite hard rock band.

Their last album, "Lost Highway", though it was good, lacked staying power. But everything else they have done has aged pretty well IMO.

This new song sounds good to me! I plan on getting this new album. Just like I always get every new Bon Jovi album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:36 am

I'm bored of BON JOVI now. Jon Bon Jovi was once one of my favorite singers/writers in the genre. IMO, his stuff has gotten so bland now that I just can't muster up the interest. Everything from the debut to These Days, IMO, is fantastic! I liked Crush when it came out, and Bounce...even got into HaND when it came out but since then all of the post Y2K stuff has waned with me...they just seem to be running in circles now...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm bored of BON JOVI now. Jon Bon Jovi was once one of my favorite singers/writers in the genre. IMO, his stuff has gotten so bland now that I just can't muster up the interest. Everything from the debut to These Days, IMO, is fantastic! I liked Crush when it came out, and Bounce...even got into HaND when it came out but since then all of the post Y2K stuff has waned with me...they just seem to be running in circles now...

Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_biggrin

Crush is great, Bounce I didn't like at first, but I do now. The other two since are incredibly bland. Yeah, I don't know what happened to this band, I guess they don't want to get too loud because they don't want to turn off the soccer mom fanbase that keeps sending them to platinum status! Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_lol Despite Jon's claims that The Circle is a "big rock record", I'm not really hearing that from those samples.

Their '80s and early '90s work always goes over best in concert, and the band still puts on great live performances of those songs... So why don't they try to get that kind of vibe on a new album? Record something really bland, let THAT be the single if they're so worried about being "relevant" and "mature" but give the rest of the album huge anthems and choruses all throughout.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:32 am

^^ Glad someone agrees with me on this! "Crush" was the band's finest hour since "Keep the Faith" (my fav overall Jovi release), and "Bounce" while having less killer tracks, is a harder rocking album so that's always welcome. I felt like the last 2 were lacking, though, and I get bored w/ them easily. As many endless times as my wife has spun "Crush", I still don't get tired of it and I occasionally get songs from the album stuck in my head at random. I don't get that w/ any of the other post-Crush material. My wife is practically obsessed w/ Jon Bon, so I know we'll be getting a copy of the album, but I guess I'm setting my expectations low on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Crush is the better of the releases after These Days but I hope for an album i'll listen to all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:27 pm

As far as Bon Jovi's new output. "Have a Nice Day" is my fave.

Lots of hooks and energy!

I like all the newer stuff though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 am

MB posted this for you and of course be ready to set your DVR:

Bon Jovi has built one of the biggest success stories in rock music
history — and now that story is told by the band itself with an
original documentary film. Offering an intimate glimpse at these globally celebrated icons who
remain, at their core, a band of brothers from New Jersey, "When We
Were Beautiful" was filmed on the road and behind the scenes with Bon
Jovi during their 2008 "Lost Highway" World Tour, which famously came
to a close with a historic concert in New York City's Central Park. At
the height of their success, the film reveals the secrets behind this
legendary band's determined and charismatic leader Jon Bon Jovi, and
band members Richie Sambora, David Bryan, and Tico Torres. "When We Were Beautiful" Air Dates: Sat 10/24 9:00 PM Showtime
Sun10/25 6:30 PM Showtime
Tue 10/27 8:30 PM Showtime
Thu 10/29 11:00 PM Showtime
Sat 10/31 3:00 PM Showtime
Fri 11/06 10:30 PM Showtime 2
Sun 11/08 3:30 PM Showtime 2
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:46 am

COOL! Thanks for posting that!

I don't get Showtime though. But I'm sure they will release this on DVD right? I sure hope so, cause I really wanna see it! I'll buy the DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - The Circle   Bon Jovi - The Circle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi - The Circle
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next