Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?

Go down 
+4
nevermore
the sentinel
SAHB Healer
Metal Misfit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm

NWOBHM-style band from the Netherlands formed in '79

So far, this is all I can find on them: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/picture

Sounds like they might be pretty good, but I'm having a hard time finding anything else on them. From looking at that the people who have cataloged them on RYM, looks like their albums have never been released on CD. Sad

EDIT:

Found some songs on YouTube:

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:03 pm

I have a couple of Picture albums and they are pretty good. Like many bands from the Netherlands they tend to be a little un-orthodox, but in a good way.
See also the R.I.P. section. I bumped up an old thread there about Dutch bands.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Yes, I have "heard" of them, but did not "hear" them until tonite. Not bad. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:59 pm

I haven't actually heard the band. But I do believe Hammerfall has covered them.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:17 am

Great band. Their albums were released on CD, but they're pretty hard to find, even in Holland. "Diamond Dreamer" is their best LP imo. The singer on that album was from Israel, and later sang on Jack Starr's Guardians Of The Flame LP.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:40 am

I have Eternal Dark on vinyl.
Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:14 am

Never until now, but I like it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:48 pm

nevermore wrote:
I haven't actually heard the band. But I do believe Hammerfall has covered them.

Correct. They did "Eternal Dark" on their 'Heeding The Call' EP. It can of course also be found on the Masterpieces covers album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback and info, guys.

Yeah... looks like I'll just have to keep searching and hope luck will be on my side in finding one of their CDs! I love "Diamond Dreamer".
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:50 pm

Pretty funny, I was just about to create this thread... Laughing

I got a promo copy of their latest release Old Dogs New Tricks awhile back and I'm listening to it now. Really good heavy metal! Favorites from this album are "Blood Out of a Stone", "High on Fire", "Live By the Sword", "Now It's Too Late", "Choosing Your Sign" and "Celtic Cross".

I still haven't heard any more of their old stuff but if it's as good as or better than this album, more people should know about this band!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?   Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever hear of/listen to Picture?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: