Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Betrayer update

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
Stender
powermacho
metalheaded
kmorg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Betrayer is excited to announce that they are currently recording their new full length album titled AGES OF DEFIANCE. 9 tracks are fully written and the album is expected to be recorded, mixed and mastered by the end of October, 2009. No release date has been announced at this time.

The album is currently being recorded at SPECTRE SOUND STUDIOS by engineer Glenn Fricker, who has worked previously with such acts as RANDY BLYTHE of LAMB OF GOD, WOODS OF YPRES, BLOODSHOTEYE and BLACK KREEK.

Shawn Bastien went into the studio on July 20th, 2009 to start laying down the drum tracks. Everything is sounding great so far and Shawn was able to wrap up the drums completely on July 25th, 2009. Jeff Klingbeil is set to record the Rhythm Guitars on August 1st, 2009.

The album will be Mixed and Mastered by renowned musical producer FREDRIK NORDSTRÖM from DREAM EVIL, whose credits include ARCH ENEMY, OPETH, DIMMU BORGIR, DREAM EVIL, HAMMERFALL, THE HAUNTED and IN FLAMES.

www.betrayer.ca

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Cool, I've never really checked them out. Will do so, now, especially since they're offering their stuff for free on their site (mp3 format).

Thanks for the post!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:25 pm

is this the christian thrash band?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 pm

powermacho wrote:

Your thinking of betrayal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:54 pm

I just checked out some of these guys' MP3s (they were on the "Free Metal Albums" blog that Sax linked a couple of days ago) and they sound pretty sweet. Would be interested in hearing more.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Very Good Band,Ive got Rusted Icons on cd.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Stender wrote:
powermacho wrote:

I got exited for a minute Sad . I will check this band out, maybe there is some memorable thrash on here Betrayer update 604261
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 pm

powermacho wrote:

I will check this band out, maybe there is some memorable thrash on here Betrayer update 604261

I checked out a bunch of the Mp3s on their site a couple of nights ago... I dunno if I'd call'em out and out thrash, but they're a pretty decent band... kinda reminded me of Megadeth circa COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION/YOUTHANASIA musically (i.e. when Megadeth were more streamlined and less "thrashy" if that makes any sense)... still good stuff.

Does anyone else think the vocalist sounds a tad like Michael Sweet (!) or is it just me?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:34 am

powermacho wrote:
Stender wrote:
powermacho wrote:

I got exited for a minute Sad . I will check this band out, maybe there is some memorable thrash on here Betrayer update 604261

This Betrayer is also a Christian band, yes.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
powermacho wrote:

I will check this band out, maybe there is some memorable thrash on here Betrayer update 604261

I checked out a bunch of the Mp3s on their site a couple of nights ago... I dunno if I'd call'em out and out thrash, but they're a pretty decent band... kinda reminded me of Megadeth circa COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION/YOUTHANASIA musically (i.e. when Megadeth were more streamlined and less "thrashy" if that makes any sense)... still good stuff.

Does anyone else think the vocalist sounds a tad like Michael Sweet (!) or is it just me?

I checked them out as well and I liked what I've heard. They've been added to my want-list. Can't comment on the Michael Sweet comparision though, FF. The guy from Stryper, right? Haven't heard any Stryper in years.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Can't comment on the Michael Sweet comparision though, FF. The guy from Stryper, right? Haven't heard any Stryper in years.

Yea, that's him. It could be just me but I swear the guy sounds a lot like Michael.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
powermacho wrote:

I have some mp3's I dowloaded from their site ages ago. They do a live version of a Megadeth track, but what song it was escapes me at the moment. But I also always thought they sounded very akin to 'deth.

Never heard the Sweet comparison though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 pm

kmorg wrote:

I have some mp3's I dowloaded from their site ages ago. They do a live version of a Megadeth track, but what song it was escapes me at the moment. But I also always thought they sounded very akin to 'deth.

Never heard the Sweet comparison though.

The live Deth (haha) cover is "Holy Wars," I downloaded that the other night but haven't listened to it yet... they also have a live cover version of Ratt's "Round and Round" (!) available to download too! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
powermacho wrote:
Stender wrote:
powermacho wrote:

This Betrayer is also a Christian band, yes.

Oh, I thought everyone was talking about Betrayer from Norway... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
JeffofBetrayer
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:41 am

Hey just came across this board and noticed this thread. Thanks for posting that kmorg! Also thanks to everyone that checked out some of our stuff. Very cool to hear the feedback! Looking forward to getting this new album out...it's been a while since we released anything, especially a full length.

The band's really excited to have Fredrik Nordstrom on board for the mixing/mastering. I love the sound and production on the Dream Evil records and that's primarily why we asked if he'd mix it for us. I thought it was a longshot that he'd actually agree to, or that he would even respond for that matter since I thought he might be too busy or just not interested. We all couldn't believe it when he got back a couple days later and said he'd do it.

We're also very pleased to be working with Glenn Fricker once again. We've been with him pretty much since day one, when he started recording back in I think 98. He's come a long way since then and we can really tell the improvement already since our last single Headed For Disaster in the tones he's capturing now with the drums and rhythm guitar.

Going in tomorrow and Friday to hopefully finish up the rhythm guitar tracks!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 am

I just picked up their ep Shadowed Force. Rusted Icons is next up on my list. Good stuff.

Welcome to the board Jeff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks for the update, Jeff. And welcome onboard! Man, with you here, I'm finally going to have to review the Betrayer Cd's I've had here for 3 or 4 years! Very Happy

The lost Ramone
Stender

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Welcome Jeff!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JeffofBetrayer
Metal novice
Metal novice

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes & thanks for picking up our CD MetalGuy71!

Just finished up the rhythms for 3 more today...only 2 more to go! I'm back in tomorrow to hopefully get those done.

btw...I gotta get our webmaster to have this Betrayer update 506406 emoticon available on our site!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:49 am

JeffofBetrayer wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcomes & thanks for picking up our CD MetalGuy71!

Just finished up the rhythms for 3 more today...only 2 more to go! I'm back in tomorrow to hopefully get those done.

btw...I gotta get our webmaster to have this Betrayer update 506406 emoticon available on our site!

Don't mention it. I heard some of the mp3s you had on your site, liked what I heard and made the purchase. I'm old-school like that. Very Happy . Looking forward to hearing some new material from ya.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Welcome Jeff,looking forward to the new material.Just listened to Rusted Icons today as a matter of fact
Back to top Go down
JeffofBetrayer
Metal novice
Metal novice

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:34 pm

That's awesome MetalGuy71, not too many people buy CD's anymore, even of bands they really like...me being guilty of that sometimes. The support is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the welcome Thrasher73!

Went in the studio today and pretty much finished up the rhythm guitar...at least the distorted tracks (just some acoustic parts left). I had to play the same rhythms 4 times for each song since we're layering them. Initially I recorded everything with a Gibson SG 61 re-issue. Things were sounded pretty good, but that guitar was pretty hard to keep in tune and since we were layering 4 of the same rhythms on top of each other we were getting a bit of a chorusing effect.

On Friday once I finally finished tracking everything with the SG Glenn wanted me to go back to one song and give it a shot with a Schecter he had. We imediately noticed a difference. The Schecter sounded more focused and had a bit more bite to it and sounded much tighter once the guitars were layered. So Glenn wanted me to go back and re-track everything with that guitar affraid In the end it was well worth it though, not only in terms of the tone and tightness with the layered tracks but also in my performance, since I was able to fly through everything in 2 days.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Well, keep coming here and update us, and I guarantee more sold CD's! Very Happy Most members here are still buying their music, and lots of it. Very Happy

Metal novice
Metal novice

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:40 am

Just a quick update. I finished all my lead guitar last Sunday, which would include my main solos and harmony lines. I used my Jackson King V Mustaine to record all the lead parts. For amps we used a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier for the leads and for rhythms we used a Peavy 5150 both going through an ENGL 4X12" cabinet. Bill will be in starting tomorrow for his leads, Norm in a couple weeks for bass and I'll be back in on Sun to finish up the acoustic guitar and start vocals.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:47 am

Stender wrote:
powermacho wrote:

I thought this band was connected in some way to them... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Betrayer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betrayer update   Betrayer update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Betrayer update
Page 1 of 1