Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Ben Accused

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Big Ben Accused Empty
PostSubject: Big Ben Accused   Big Ben Accused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Sheesh, just what the NFL needs right now. Although.....this sounds pretty shady going directly to a civil suit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_roethlisberger_lawsuit

If this turns out to be a bogus accusation, they need to really start hammering these people legally.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Big Ben Accused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ben Accused   Big Ben Accused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm not buying it. Like you said, why go to a civil court right away.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Big Ben Accused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ben Accused   Big Ben Accused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 pm

"Big Ben" Rapistberger
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Big Ben Accused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ben Accused   Big Ben Accused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:43 pm

laughing oh my
thejokeriv wrote:
"Big Ben" Rapistberger
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Big Ben Accused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ben Accused   Big Ben Accused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
You go straight to civil court usually because the accusations wouldn't hold up in criminal court. The burden of proof is lower in civil court and most suits of this type never make it to an actual trial anyway because a settlement is usually reached beforehand. Many times people just want settlement money in the first place whether or not there is any merit to the suit.

I'm not saying that's necessarily true in this case but that's the way it seems to work much of the time in our crappy legal system.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Big Ben Accused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ben Accused   Big Ben Accused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Svengo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
You go straight to civil court usually because the accusations wouldn't hold up in criminal court. The burden of proof is lower in civil court and most suits of this type never make it to an actual trial anyway because a settlement is usually reached beforehand. Many times people just want settlement money in the first place whether or not there is any merit to the suit.

I'm not saying that's necessarily true in this case but that's the way it seems to work much of the time in our crappy legal system.

Exactly.

I don't really care about Roethlesberger; I'm a Rams' fan. But this suit smells like a money grab IMO.

Big Ben Accused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ben Accused   Big Ben Accused Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Ben Accused
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: