Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walter Cronkite, RIP

Go down 
+10
DeathCult
manny
mc666
XYZ
Stender
thejokeriv
Required Fields
DallasBlack
akeldama
Shiney
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Walter Cronkite, RIP Empty
PostSubject: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:18 pm

That's right, folks...the esteemed newsman passed away today at the age of 92.

RIP

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:23 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Couldn't stand the man's politics but he was a news legend and a human being, RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 am

And that's the way it on July 17, 2009 - RIP
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:33 am

A little before my time, but RIP anyways.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:33 am

RIP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:37 am

I remember him very well, first news anchor I knew by name...my Grandfather was a huge fan.

At least he lived a long, successful life! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:42 am

"And that's the way it is."

Rest in Peace

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:29 am

He was the first on air reporter to break the news of JFK's death to a soon to be grieving nation they donot make reporters like Walter Cronkite anymore, R.I.P. Here is a link to his reporting during these events, anyone who is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8Q3cqGs7I
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:51 am

If you watch the above link you will notice that Walter Cronkite did not speculate, did not give his opinion on what the assassin's motives where, did not fly in a panel of 'so called experts', he did what he was suppose to do, he reported the news as it happened and made sure that on this sad day of American history that he reported on the events as they happened. Too bad this generation does not have a Walter Cronkite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 am

manny wrote:
If you watch the above link you will notice that Walter Cronkite did not speculate, did not give his opinion on what the assassin's motives where, did not fly in a panel of 'so called experts', he did what he was suppose to do, he reported the news as it happened and made sure that on this sad day of American history that he reported on the events as they happened. Too bad this generation does not have a Walter Cronkite.

Excellent point Manny.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:58 am

RIP dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 pm

manny wrote:

I agree. R.I.P. Walter
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:41 am

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Quote :
Too bad this generation does not have a Walter Cronkite

Hey, at least we've got Ryan Seacrest.

I have a vauge recollection of seeing Walter on tv as a young MetalBoy71, but there is no denying his impact on generations of people. Farewell.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:57 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite, RIP   Walter Cronkite, RIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walter Cronkite, RIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: