Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orange Sky!!!!

Go down 
+3
325ad
James B.
Shiney
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 pm

My bro Oz is here to tell you about this kickass band we saw last night that opened for King's X:

Had a cool time in Saint Paul with my bros John and Chris and new friend Laura checking out KX
(for me, the 14th time) and ran into a pleasant surprise with a band called Orange Sky. They are
from Trinidad and have a pair of albums out. They mix alot of different styles but mainly thrash and
doom metal coupled with raggae. Check them out on MySpace, Facebook, YouTube...all the usual
places or better yet, catch them live. The guys are super cool and will take the time to talk to you.
I am looking forward to seeing them again tonight in Des Moines and hanging again. It's great when
you go to a show not really expecting anything and coming out with another great find.

edit: might as post that vid in this thread -

Last edited by UNCLE SAXON on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 pm

They are killer....Dammit. I am trying to STOP buying music....and failing more daily!!!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:37 pm

nice find

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:48 pm

I can not seem to find the album anywhere. What label are they on?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:45 pm

325ad wrote:
I can not seem to find the album anywhere. What label are they on?

Both albums are available on Amazon.com, fairly cheap too.

http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Sky/e/B001LHD75G/ref=ntt_mus_gen_pel

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Cool thanks.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:25 pm

I'll be seeing King's X in August. Wonder if Orange Sky will be opening for KX then.
Back to top Go down

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'll be seeing King's X in August. Wonder if Orange Sky will be opening for KX then.

Apparently, this leg of the tour is ending in Chi-Town next week. Hopefully, for everyone's sake, Orange Sky will be able to stay on board with them.

Yeah - spoke with the band after the show and they were all super cool individuals. Being from the Carribbean, they appreciated my ink and we connected instantly. Nigel even ran over and gave me a big ol' bear-hug before he jumped in the van [and that is massive, mountain of a dude. So it really was a "bear" hug!!].

I am not known for pumping new bands, but this is one that I will.

*Thanks goes to Oz for his cool words.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Holy s*** Sax they rule!!........this is going straight to the wantist.
Back to top Go down

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:58 am

Pretty long, but if ya got the time, it is darn interesting!

Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Very nice find! I'm listening to their myspace right now. My wantlist is getting longer and longer... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orange Sky!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Sky!!!!   Orange Sky!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange Sky!!!!
Page 1 of 1